Whats wrong with windows

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Whats wrong with windows

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#1]
Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

Eh?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#2]
Have you installed MingW?

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yes

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#4]
then not correctly as an additional environment flag was added.

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#5]
What should i tick from the list when installing?

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#6]
Have a look at the bottom of here .
I have been using Bmax from the start and never had a problem with building modules until the past couple of weeks.

LarsG(Posted 2008) [#7]
Did you add the "MingW" system variable, and also add the mingw/bin path to the "path" system variable??

Mark posted how to do this...

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#8]
Its no MingW thing you have to do, as LarsG pointed out, the MingW is needed as BM will use that one not the mingw path variable as such (-> start maxide, when compile modules is grayed out you are missing that system variable)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#9]
Make sure you've done it right. Especially since moving to subversion, Blitzmax is a proper pain in the balls to get up and running. Totally lost any user-friendliness it had previously, but that's for another thread.

Go here:

http://www.syntaxbomb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1808

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#10]
LoL

Thanks,

Its seems to be one area where the linux setup is actually easier!
I got there in the end, im using shista so had to set the envpath and do some hacking the files around (roll eyes)

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#11]
Perhaps you are more used to linux ... linux to many has a lot of problematic steps as well like getting the needed libraries to compile (x11 devel and the like), while getting the compiler is the easy part.

The only "easy one" (until recent problems of some users) was / is OSX where you just install XCode and done ^^

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#12]
did you also copy ld.exe and ar.exe from the mingw\bin folder to the blitzmax\bin folder?

IIRC 1.28 still came with older versions of these two files bundled, which aren't compatible with the required MinGW verison.

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#13]
Perhaps you are more used to linux
Trust me, im not. I have 3 years linux, almost 16 years of windows. Linux can occasionally be a pain -vs- windows for installing uncommon apps, but the reason i use it is simply that once its set up it keeps working reliably, efficiently and conveniently without all the BS.

Anyway, solved i in the end, i needed to add the paths and copy the bin bits (as explained in GFKs post).

Thanks All :)