BMax IDE strange problem

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BMax IDE strange problem

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#1]
Sometimes when using the standard IDE every now and then some of the keywords turn white, in other words they are no longer highlighted properly.

Anyone else get this problem? The problem still occurs if I save my code and then reload the code or the IDE.

I`m not entirely sure as to what the cause could be. Any ideas?

Also, I thought that Mark had a new IDE in the works? I recall reading about it in one of his worklogs. I wonder what happened to it?

Jason.

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#2]
I wonder what happened to it?

He probably saw Brucey's wx module and decided to scrap his GUI stuff :)

*EDIT*
And no, I haven't seen the IDE bug you describe before.

TomToad(Posted 2008) [#3]
I've had that problem. Don't know what causes it. I've been able to fix it by first closing the program's tab in the IDE, then closing the IDE, then reloading everything. There was also one time in which certain keywords were no longer highlighted regardless what I tried, but that was fixed by rebuilding the docs.
Another problem I have is with the auto indents. When you indent a line, then hit Enter at the end of the line, the cursor is automatically indented to align with the previous line. Every now and then, the cursor will go to the beginning of the line and I would have to manually indent every single line. At first, the only way I could figure to fix it was to cut n paste the file to a new document, but I later discovered that if i keep at least one character after the cursor, a space, a carriage return, etc... then the cursor indents properly. What I think is happening is that somehow an end of file marker is accidentally being deleted or something.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#4]
Yep, I`ve had that one too. And also when exiting a program that was running the cursor doesn`t come back at all making it hard to see where I am typing. I have to position an invisble (!) cursor with the mouse arrow to see where I am.

These things only happen very rarely but really put me off using BMax when I first started to use it. I was hoping that the IDE would be sorted in a future update. Hopefully it still will be.

Jason.