Load/Save As Requester for Max2D

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Load/Save As Requester for Max2D

TomToad(Posted 2008) [#1]
Seems I remember seeing code here for a file requester using Max2D instead of windows calls so you can request a filename in a fullscreen program, but I'm having a little trouble locating it.
If I'm mistaken, is there fullscreen compatible file requesters in any of the GUI modules floating around (iGlass, HighGUI, etc..)
I could write my own, but it is not a wheel that I'm interested in reinventing at the moment.

remz(Posted 2008) [#2]
Ah, I remember having issue with that (not with Bmax though): in a fullscreen app, the front and back buffer are flipped every frame. The Windows file requester will only show IF the front buffer (also called the Primary buffer) is the visible one. If the backbuffer is the visible one, you get "stuck" with an invisible file requester.

It would be an interesting experiment to check if the same behavior occurs in Blitz, and compare DirectX vs OpenGL behavior too. If it does, then you could simply count the number of flip called so your program would "know" if the front or back buffer is currently visible and perform an additonnal flip() in that case.

I also remember that there is a call in DirectX to check if the primary buffer is currently visible.

BTW it may apply only to Windows: Mac or Linux openGL may or may not allow a file requester to show on top of a fullscreen 3D app..

Jesse(Posted 2008) [#3]
help quote:

Note that a user interface may not be available when in graphics mode on some platforms.

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#4]
IGlass has a fullscreen file-requester. Can't remember seeing one in HighGUI. You could also check FryGUI. It shouldn't be that difficult to write one. In fact Krylar's 'Learn to Program in Blitz2D' has a section on it which should translate quite well.