Build modules problem

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Build modules problem

gameshastra(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have downloaded the errloader module but when I build the modules this module is not getting built. Please suggest what is to be done

Regards

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
The most obvious answer is that it is in the wrong place.

For example, if the Import to use it looked like this : Import AAA.MyModule

you would need a directory structure like this :

BlitzMax/mod/aaa.mod/mymodule.mod/mymodule.bmx

gameshastra(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hi
I get the following error on compilation
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/exrloader.mod/src/ilmbase/Iex/IexThrowErrnoExc.cpp:65: exception
handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable
Regards,
Ramesh

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Get BlitzMax 1.28 :-)

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#5]
[wrong post]

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#6]
XP SP2 was great when it was release. XP was crap :-)

But the problem is that Vista will remain crap ... XP -> XX years.
Vista to Windows 7: 3 years unless MS wants to get broken their neck by OSX and the real Linux distributions by 2010 (not trash like xxbuntu and the like, Mandriva etc which are driven by fulltime payed teams with the target of a usable stable OS instead of open source idioty)

gameshastra(Posted 2008) [#7]
Is there any place where the compiler handle for exceptions can be set. I can't immediately purchase Blitzmax 1.28.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#8]
I can't immediately purchase Blitzmax 1.28.

Just checking, but you do know that if you own BlitzMax, you can upgrade to BlitzMax v1.28 updates for free.

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#9]
You don't need to purchase 1.28 just update to it. Unless, of course, you're using the demo of BlitzMax which would be naughty as this account has been posting for a long time now.

gameshastra(Posted 2008) [#10]
I have updated Blitzmax and built the modules. I get the following errors with compiling the exrloader example.
Building test_01
Compiling:test_01.bmx
flat assembler version 1.66
3 passes, 2013 bytes.
Linking:test_01.exe
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/lib/libstdc++.a(eh_personality.o):eh_personality.cc:(.rdata$_ZTISt9exception[__ZTISt9exception]+0x0): multiple definition of `typeinfo for std::exception'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/exrloader.mod/exrloader.release.win32.x86.a(exrglue.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):exrglue.cpp:(.data$_ZTISt9exception[__ZTISt9exception]+0x0): first defined here
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/lib/libstdc++.a(eh_personality.o):eh_personality.cc:(.rdata$_ZTSSt9exception[__ZTSSt9exception]+0x0): multiple definition of `typeinfo name for std::exception'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/exrloader.mod/exrloader.release.win32.x86.a(exrglue.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):exrglue.cpp:(.text$_ZTSSt9exception[__ZTSSt9exception]+0x0): first defined here
C:/Program

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#11]
The current BlitzMax uses MinGW 5.1.3.

Make sure you are using this.

The error implies that you are linking code compiled with different versions of GCC - The previous versions of BlitzMax used MinGW 3.1, which are binary-incompatible with MinGW 5.1.3.

If you have 5.1.3 then you need to RE-BUILD all the modules, just to be sure you have *all* the libraries compiled with the correct version of GCC.
Also, it is advised that your MinGW be a clean install, rather than installing 5.1.3 over a previous version.

HTH :-)

gameshastra(Posted 2008) [#12]
Where do I get MinGW 5.1.3.
Should I uninstall the previous version first?

Regards

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#13]
Well from the mingw page most likely.

And yes you need to uninstall the old one to break the path relations.
but don't forget you will have to modify the "MingW" system variable manually agian

gameshastra(Posted 2008) [#14]
I downloaded MinGW 5.1.3. from the sourceforge website.
I installed g++ compiler and make using the install utility.
This time the exrloader module failed to compile with following error.
Compiling:IexBaseExc.cpp
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/exrloader.mod/src/ilmbase/Iex/IexBaseExc.cpp
Process complete

Regards

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#15]
And all the other modules built okay?

gameshastra(Posted 2008) [#16]
Yes others built ok upto exloader module.

gameshastra(Posted 2008) [#17]
Sorry the error I got was that the exrloader module built. but the example that came with the exrlaoder module gave errors.Please see previous post on errors. Same happens after the ming compiler is updated.
Your help is appreciated.