BMax and printer

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BMax and printer

Kepu(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have tried to get Kanati's Toolbox.mod (for printer) work several times during last year with no luck.
And I noticed that some other members has had same problem.
Now I find out that directory, where Toolbox.mod directory has to be placed should be
"C:\Program Files\BlitzMax\mod\brl.mod\"
.............. ( not "C:\Program Files\BlitzMax\mod\")

Hope this will help other members

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#2]
While that will work, putting it under brl.mod also means that it will be included in every single program you create with blitzmax, increasing the .exe size.

On top of that, any blitzmax update will remove manually added components such as this out of the brl.mod folder again.

The 'proper' location is under a seperate folder under the mod one, such as 'C:\Program Files\BlitzMax\mod\kanati.mod'

You'll need to use the import command to specify the actual module before you can use it in your program, though.

Note that this doesn't apply to just kanati's print mod, but to every custom module you may wish to add to blitzmax.

Kepu(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yes, it will increase the size , but it is same with every other mods in there ..so if I need this one but not some of those , should I remove others and programming language should have printer commands anyway ;)
Anyway I was making some stupid mistakes, couldn't get it work properly with import (tried it several times), but now it works and I don't have to use import.
I will try it w/ import again when I have time .