BlitzMax 1.26 demo?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax 1.26 demo?

jp22(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi
Is there a demo version of 1.26 to download?
The current (1.12) version hasn't commands such as SetAudioDriver, which I want to test before I commit to buying

Czar Flavius(Posted 2007) [#2]
I don't think so. Perhaps you could post the source code you would like to test, and someone on the forum would be kind enough to compile and send this back to you?

jp22(Posted 2007) [#3]
Really just trying to do the following:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=48490

I've currently got blitzplus and the audio latency i'm getting isn't good enough. I need a very low latency audio driver. Even if I could change the driver via SetAudioDriver, i'm still not sure if this would allow me to set the buffer size too..
By looking at the above thread, it seems that the official bought version should allow me to modify the driver at source code level and recompile, but i'd rather know this for sure before shelling out cash..

Thanks

REDi(Posted 2007) [#4]
Unlike freeaudio, the directsound and openal drivers dont feed a stream, and play the sounds pretty much instantaniously.

Any lags on these drivers are soundcard/os related.

jp22(Posted 2007) [#5]
Just to conclude this one

I took the plunge and bought max.
Upgrated to 1.28 and spend the morning modifying the blitzplus code so it runs...

All works perfectly now without any changes required to the driver or lib source.

So, if anyone else had the same issues with blitzplus and wondered if blitzmax fixes your problems..YES IT DOES