Theora On Mac

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Theora On Mac

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,

I get the following error while compiling theora on Mac:
unable to find file /libtheora-1.0alpha7/lib/mcomp.c, Though the file is in the correct place. I am getting such an error only with the theora module, the other modules are compiling fine on Mac.
Please advise

Regards,

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#2]
Need some help on this

GfK(Posted 2007) [#3]
You don't need to start a new thread about the same thing every day until someone answers - if you don't get replies, chances are people just don't know.

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hey! GfK's back :-)

As for the error, it seems that the file is not indeed where you think it is.

If that is really a "/" on the front of the path, me thinks you won't be getting very far in a hurry...

PantsOn(Posted 2007) [#5]
As I don't own a MAC I cannot test it and never had tested it.
I did have confirmation from another engineer that it compiled fine.

Can anyone else with a MAC test this module please?

PantsOn(Posted 2007) [#6]
There is now a new version for pantson.Theora (v1.3)
Download from my signature

The new version conatins..
1) A fix for compiling on MAC. (many thanks to Brucey for the fix)
2) Hopefully I've fixed the green screen that appears before each movie. Internal pointers are at the correct place in the movie beofre playing.
3) A new command added.. PlayTheora(filename,x,y,w,h,aspect). This will play a movie from beginning to end at co-ords x and y and dimesions w and h. If aspect is set to false the movie will be stretched to fit the dimensions. Id aspect is to to true then the movie will play at the correct aspect ratio.

The module still doesn't support sound, but with the above updates I can now start working on sound. This will not be a quick process and probably be ready in the new year.

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#7]
Pantson -- Just wanted to say "thanks" for making and continuing to improve a very useful module.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#8]
Thanks, PantsOn, I use MaxMod for sound streaming, I think it's an easier workaround currently.

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#9]
Very excited about this! Looking forward to sound being added to make it truly complete. Thank you PantsOn for your efforts, and thank you Brucey for aiding the project.

PantsOn(Posted 2007) [#10]
yoko.. i couldn't get maxmod to stream sound from a theora file.
Have you managed to get sound streaming from a theora movie file, or are you just streaming the sound seperate?

popcade(Posted 2007) [#11]
I just play a seperate music file with MaxMod, Didn't test long file, but for small to mid size of video it works and sync well. For example, I play a video file named "1_v.ogg" and its audio "1_a.ogg" or so.

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#12]
w.r.t Brucey's reply
the file is in the path pantson.mod/theora.mod//libtheora-1.0alpha7/lib/mcomp.c

I have downloaded the pantson.mod and added it to the folder BlitzMax/mod.

The same module had compiled earlier a few weeks back without errors. I can't figure out what is making it fail now.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#13]
... so are you still getting the problem with Theora.mod 1.3?

PantsOn(Posted 2007) [#14]
theora is now at v1.4
Its has been tested on MAC (intel) and Windows.
(and I think it should work on Linux, if someone can test)

PantsOn(Posted 2007) [#15]
gameshastra..
did the update ever work?