job offer

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/job offer

pharma(Posted 2007) [#1]
hello,

we need some help in blitzmax 2d game development - the main part will be coding the game engine. all graphics will be provided.

email me (f.masche@...) for further details. thank you

please excuse this post in the programmings section but i havent found an appropiate category.

pharma

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#2]
General Discussion?

Out of curiosity, if you need an engine programmer, why not just buy Grey Aliens Framework, and be done with it?

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#3]
It's BlitzMax related so it will get the most exposure in the BlitzMax forum? Obvious.

He's asking for someone to code an engine. He apparently either doesn't have time to do it or whatever. He's not asking for a 2D game template.

I read his post and could discern very easily what he was asking for. I don't know why you couldn't.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#4]
He does have the framework and asked me if I could make the game but unfortunately I'm too busy. Would have been an easy job...

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#5]
'pharma' and 'job offer' are typical words I'd filter out to move spam email to my trash folder. ^____^

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#6]
It's BlitzMax related so it will get the most exposure in the BlitzMax forum?
No it won't. Way more people read General Discussion.

He's asking for someone to code an engine.
Yeah.

He apparently either doesn't have time to do it or whatever.
Which is why he should buy one. Obviously.

He's not asking for a 2D game template.
I wasn't offering one.

pharma(Posted 2007) [#7]
>>He does have the framework and asked me if I could make the game but unfortunately I'm too busy. Would have been an easy job...

thank you for summarizing, jake. :)
i will not comment on the pointless discussion started by flameduck.

pharma

Helios(Posted 2007) [#8]
Can you give any specifics about exactly what you want / need done? 'Coding the game engine' is rather vague.

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#9]
Yes a little more detail would be helpful. While you say to email for details, it would really help if you mentioned a bit here, like generalities of what genre/purpose you have in mind (is this a downloadable casual puzzle game, etc.), the anticipated scale of the project (a month? three months? a year), and compensation (up-front fee? profit sharing?)

pharma(Posted 2007) [#10]
this forum is so anticipating.

- downloadable casual puzzle game (crossword)
- scale of project (coding) - month
- compensation - up-front fee

further details - f.masche@...
thanks

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#11]
Thanks! I'll email you when I get home; I wouldn't be able to take on anything longer term, but I may be available for a small project.

Will(Posted 2007) [#12]
I'm looking for a 1 month project :) Emailed!