Bug in Framework Assistant (Jim please fix)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Bug in Framework Assistant (Jim please fix)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#1]
Whe working with the Windows folder separator ( \ ) framework assistant doesn't recognize properly included and imported files.
I would really like to see this fixed as I'm deeply integrating FA with the new solution explorer for BLIde and that is giving me some problems. I have a sample sourcecode to show the bug.

Get here file producing bug: http://www.blide.org/managed3.rar

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
I was about to post about a problem with Framework Assistant, too (v2.07). Mind if I join you? :)

When it scans my code (Blitzmax 1.28) it tells me that I only need:

Framework BRL.D3D7Max2D
Import BRL.PNGLoader

This is way off as it needs quite a few other modules too. Its doing this for both my current projects.

I noticed that it didn't work with 1.26 either but I was banned at the time.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yes please, join in here! By the way, glad to have you back here.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#4]
I've figured out what's wrong with it (well, my problem, at least).

It isn't using the correct paths to look at the includes. It also seems to be trying to use a combination of forward and back slashes:

Main: C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/Main.bmx
Include: C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/classes\_timing.bmx
Include: C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/classes\_ttiledata.bmx
Include: C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/classes\_tgrid.bmx
Include: C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/classes\_tmouse.bmx

Thareh(Posted 2007) [#5]
Gfk, Are you using:
Include "C:/Users/Desktop Gaming/Desktop/Game/classes\_tmouse.bmx" in your code or just Include "classes\_tmouse.bmx" ?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#6]
Tried that - still didn't work.

If you look at the paths I quoted above, they're duplicated for some reason. I'm only using relative paths in my code (i.e. Include "classes/_timing.bmx") so I don't see why it would do this.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#7]
Yes, that's the same problem I'm having.

EOF(Posted 2007) [#8]
Hi Ziggy / Gfk

Although I rarely have time to do any programming I'll upload a new version of FA (v2.09) which I believe fixes the path issues

Will post here as soon as I can.

Tricky(Posted 2007) [#9]
That include bug is btw only in the windows version.
I've the Mac version here which takes includes the way they should.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#10]
Thanks Jim,
Looking fordward for the fixed version!

EOF(Posted 2007) [#11]
Ziggy, Gfk, (Leadwerks),

I have emailed you v2.09 which I 'think' fixes the file/folder path error

Now I wish I knew how to upload to my site
I know it can be done in IE but the method escapes me
Anyone know how?

ftp://upload.mysite.com@username ????

Derron(Posted 2007) [#12]
ftp://upload.mysite.com@username:password

would send the password too.

Why don't you put the source into it too? The IE-approach disturbs fast copy-paste from the generated import statements.

bye
MB

GfK(Posted 2007) [#13]
ftp://upload.mysite.com@username:password

would send the password too.
Its actually the other way around.

Open Windows Explorer and type:
ftp://<username>:<password>@...>

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#14]
just use

ftp://<username>@<ftp>
it will ask you for the password.
More secure than sending the password plaintext and especially enter it into the "recent visited pages" etc cache stuff.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#15]
Thanks jim! I'll check it later at home andprovide feedback. By the way,I'm interested to know if I may be allowed to distribute FA with BLIde (I can't see any license details for FA).

Best,
Manel Ibáñez

EOF(Posted 2007) [#16]
No restrictions, and no worries whatsoever Zig.
Distribute away.

I can't get the FTP thing to work. I always get
"Windows cannot access this folder"

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#17]
I wouldn't mind to recieve the new version on my email in my profile. Its a great and easy to use tool, which I believe we all appreciate highly.

EOF(Posted 2007) [#18]
Done

popcade(Posted 2007) [#19]
Hi, Jim

I can help host it, if you have time, please send a copy to my email yoxola@... ,thanks.

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#20]
Thanks Jim :)

TaskMaster(Posted 2007) [#21]

just use

ftp://<username>@<ftp>
it will ask you for the password.
More secure than sending the password plaintext and especially enter it into the "recent visited pages" etc cache stuff.

FTP is a plain text protocol. The password is going to be sent plain text, no matter how you send it.

EOF(Posted 2007) [#22]
*ALL*

Framework Assistant (Win32) v2.09 is available here - > fa209.zip (Win32)

Muttley(Posted 2007) [#23]
Great stuff Jim. Thanks a lot. :)