Movie module details

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Movie module details

PantsOn(Posted 2007) [#1]
As I sometimes feel like I'm repeating myself in threads :-), heres a low down on my movie modules.

Currently they are 2 modules. Notice how I only advertise 1 in my signature. This will become apparent later....

1) pantson.Theora - works under Windows, Linux and MAC. You need to compile the modules yourself. This is a free module for commercial use.
It does not support sound, but there is an example on how to synconise sound in the archive.

2) pantson.MPEG - works under Windows, Linux and MAC. Again you need to compile this. This module is under the GPL license. This means that you have to release the source code of your project on request if you use this module. Not ideal for commercial use. Again does not supporrt sound (see examples)

Personally I use the Theora module. To convert movies to this format I use ffmpeg2theora.
http://v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/

I hope that answers all questions.
any questions? ;-)

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#2]
>As I sometimes feel like I'm repeating myself in threads :-), heres a low done on my movie modules

Yep, you are - but I wanted an overview of all the modules available in a comparative manner.

Thanks for your helpful advice, most apprecaited.

[edit] looks like theora is the one to go for, just have to buy Max now.

DannyD(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks. could you outline how to compile the modules please as I'm having a few problems

PantsOn(Posted 2007) [#4]
make sure that the files structure is as follows..
[blitzmax install dir]/mods/pantson.mod/theora.mod and then all files beneath that

CTRL-D should then compile the modules.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#5]
Hmm... just thinking if that's possible to use MaxMod as sound streaming source(in office, unable to try yet).