Sprite Candy for Max?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Sprite Candy for Max?

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2007) [#1]
Anyone know if there is a system like Sprite Candy for max? I really liked that system. It had a lot of really great animation features and the layer system was awesome!

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#2]
Did you check out Gray Aliens framework as well well as Sswifts Entity System?

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2007) [#3]
Nope, I'll take a look at them.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#4]
Max2D itself is already 3D acclerated, it just lacks(and still lacks in original BMax package till now) additional sprite routines.

A few sprite routines are already in the code archive, they're not not well organized, Buy Grey Alien and SSwift's product is the most quick way to work them out if you concern the time it'll cost(collect and organize it yourself).

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yeah, I really grew attached to the "FX" system in sprite candy. It was a lot of fun to work with. Animating sprite moving and bobbing around the screen was a breeze.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#6]
Doing something similar, command-wise, in Bmax shouldn't be too difficult just a bit time-consuming.

MGE(Posted 2007) [#7]
I've been working on a sprite based engine for Blitzmax, but I've had to take some time off due to other external tasks. But take a look here, and who knows, it may still see the light of day at some point in the near future. ;)

http://blitzmax-2d-game-engine.blogspot.com/

Lots of examples, progress posts, etc, to read if you take the time to scan theough the blog. ;)

CodeGit(Posted 2007) [#8]
@JGOware

MGE looks cool. If you release it, count me in.