BMX Software Protector. LATEST NEWS!!!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BMX Software Protector. LATEST NEWS!!!

Kev(Posted 2007) [#1]
Well guys

Heres a quick update on the latest news on blitzmax software protector.

Under BMX protector you now have complete control of the registration process from realtime protection from crackers with full online and offline user serial authentication. using the 'Executable Security Suite' that accomplices BMX software protector its possible to generate unique serial/user key lists.

using time trial demo mode its possible to take time limited demo trail software and enable a customer to obtain a serial key online and register a FULL version of your game/application without having to download a full version of the software. with full control of realtime blitzmax function modification its possible using BMX protector to add encrytion/decrytion to functions that have features you want to keep safe.

currently BMX software protector is windows only. a linux version is in the process of being written, BMX software protector for mac should follow the linux version.

for more information and purchases please visit.
BMX Software Protector

if you have any questions, Forum or here.

thanks
kev

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#2]
Man this sounds awesome. I'll check it out more indepth tomorrow. Congratulations on this Kev.

Btw, "Possable" is spelled "Possible". Might wanna change it on your sight too so it'll be more professional.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#3]
I'd like to purchase one soon.

However there's a side question, do I missed the WinBlitz3D 1.1 final or it's not ready yet, I still has beta only...

Kev(Posted 2007) [#4]
thanks Chroma. edited my post :) will get around to the site soon.

@yoko, thats cool. the final version of WinBlitz3D has been put on hold as all my free time has been used on the protector.

I should wrap BMX software protector module with a 10 day trial to enable people to test it, (it should be possible to use the protector on modules) that way you can see how easy it is to add full protection.

thanks
kev

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#5]
Looks nice, but couldn't you make the online calls non blocking somehow?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#6]

but couldn't you make the online calls non blocking somehow?

im not sure what you mean, keys can be blocked/unblocked using the online admin interface wrote using .php and mysql. you have full control of the process once a blocked key has been detected, so for example you could revert to demo trial mode.

kev

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#7]
No you can't.

Blitz has no threaded networking.
While TCP waits for the answers from the server, the application is on halt.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#8]
Has anyone used this product? Any feedback good or bad? There's no discussions on the forum on the site, so I don't know if the product is still being supported, updated, etc.

Kev(Posted 2008) [#9]
MGE, I can confirm its being used by customers, both the max, 3d versions are in use. theres been a couple of problems nothing major and was quickly sorted out this was nothing protector related but os side.

updates, nothing in the last couple of months other work right now take priorty though this is close to done. ive new features allmost done and once ive a little more free time this will go into the next update.

i have no plans of not give support to the protectors, ive done plenty of freelance for the blitz community and still support this work when requested.

i hope this clears things a little for you and any other people wondering on the protectors support.

kev

MGE(Posted 2008) [#10]
Thanks Kev! I will give this a serious look when my game is done. ;)

Tachyon(Posted 2008) [#11]
Interesting...I didn't know this existed. I have bookmarked your site and will look into it towards end of Book II development. Thanks!

MGE(Posted 2008) [#12]
Please tell me this thing can do time limited protection. In minutes or hours? Puhlease?!?!

Kev(Posted 2008) [#13]
MGE time limited protection runs only in days right now, though i would only need to modify the code a little to take into account minutes or hours. I just dont have the time to do it yet, but like i aready said a new update will be available soon as ive the time free to wrap it ready for release.

kev

MGE(Posted 2008) [#14]
Ok, I was hoping to use it with my new game which is due out this month or early next. Please post a blurb here in the forum when the new version is out. Thanks.

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#15]
Would welcome this addition Kev.
Hope a few bags of "additional spare time" fall from sky into your backyard :D

MGE(Posted 2008) [#16]
Bump...in the hopes of time limited by hours is added soon. ;)

Kev(Posted 2008) [#17]
Ok ive finished the code for trials using hours or minutes i just need to finalize some saving functions for them, Im also finishing up a linux version that will be available before xmas.

linux version will be free to customers, Im hopeful a mac version will be available after xmas.

to see latest news you can also checkout
http://www.whitegatesoftware.com/pages/news.php

kev

MGE(Posted 2008) [#18]
"Ok ive finished the code for trials using hours or minutes i just need to finalize some saving functions for them..."

Status please!

Kev(Posted 2008) [#19]
Hi MGE,

Current status! Testing, more testing. I see no problem but like to ensure its working like expected. Be sure i will post here soon, linux and mac version for xmas. Im planning a mac protected demo within the next week a linux protected demo will follow later.

current way to handle quick trial mode is done using the method write_quick_trial() this includes the time of trial in minutes

Kev

MGE(Posted 2008) [#20]
Thanks Kev! I've never used your product, I'm hoping it's a fairly easy plug and play solution. ;)

Kev(Posted 2008) [#21]
I prefer not to offer to much of BMX syntax to keep it secure as possable, to add the protector to your source is a simple matter of setting up a type and placing method calls within your code where you want protection, for example you can protect areas of your code that checks full software validation, or protect areas that load media or levels, high score ect.. the full software validation/protection can be done anywhere within your software.

kev

MGE(Posted 2008) [#22]
hmm.. I hope I'm understanding this product correctly, I'm not interested in worrying about hackers, etc, I just want to:

a) Limit my program to 1 or more hours (or days) and be able to track how much time left so I can react accordingly.

b) Offer a way to unlock the program after the time trial has ended via a registration code, etc, etc.

How might this be done with your program? Psuedo code is fine for general explanation. Thanks!

Kev(Posted 2008) [#23]
You can do what you require using the protector, for quick trial example it would look somthing like below.

Import kpoole.protector
Global protect:TProtector = New TProtector

if protect.check_quick_trial_active(BETA SYNTAX) then
      continue trial
else
      end
endif

' for registraion you would
if protect.validate_offline_key(user,serial) then
    you have valid user/serial
else
    end
endif

' for online registraion
if protect.validate_key(domain,url,user,serial) then
   you have valid user.key
else
   end
endif

other features of the protector will try and help to protect these functions from being cracked

MGE(Posted 2008) [#24]
Sweet. Perfect my freind. Please update this thread when the time trial (hours) is added. :) Thanks!

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#25]
Kev,

Any updates on this stuff? I was wondering also if you had plans for a bplus version ? or will the B3D version work with Bplus?

Im using Blitz3D for my current project. Does your protector have some way or preventing, or discouraging code jumping hacks ?

The other question I have was regarding Molebox. Does using Molebox on the exe break the protector in any way ?

Thanks

Kev(Posted 2009) [#26]
Hi

with work and other commitments ive had no time to work on this, however i have a private blitzmax beta protector that works under linux and macos but this is not feature complete like windows version.

code jumping hacks, yes theres .exe validation and integrity protection so if your .exe is modifyed then you can detect it and decide in code what to do. all the inline asm code thats used in the protector has validation protection.

molebox i dont own so cant offer any comment on this, ive had no reports of it not working under molebox but then whats to say anyones using it along side the protector

kev

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#27]
I think this is a "keep honest people honest" app. You can't expect it to beat all hackers, and if you are, you are fooling yourself.

Kev(Posted 2009) [#28]

I think this is a "keep honest people honest" app. You can't expect it to beat all hackers, and if you are, you are fooling yourself.

lol, now who would think that. its not realy about protection in that sence as we all know its never going to protect from the more advanced hacker.

kev

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#29]
Kev, thanks for the reply. Can you comment on if the B3D version works with Bplus ?

Kev(Posted 2009) [#30]
i see no reason for it not to, i will test and see and get back to you with the outcome.

what i recall from blitz3d and blitzplus .exe are very alike.

Kev(Posted 2009) [#31]
under blitzplus the protector needs some little re-write. exe validation functions and anti-crack but online serial validation does not. i can/will fix this but when i have time.

kev

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#32]
Kev, ok thanks for the update. I think I can squeak by with exe validation until you have time to add the rest.

Kev(Posted 2009) [#33]
RifRaf you cheeky little monkey check your email. :)

kev

GfK(Posted 2009) [#34]
Kev

Funny this thread popped up - I was about to have a play with this.

You might remember Dabhand bought BMX Software Protector for me last year? I was going to grab the latest version from your site but I have no idea where my product code is to register it on my account.

Any help?

(I just registered on your site with the name "gfk")

Kev(Posted 2009) [#35]
Gfk let me check my accounts and i will email you your product key.

kev

GfK(Posted 2009) [#36]
Thanks!

Kev(Posted 2009) [#37]
Gfk can i have an email to send your product key to i dont see one. if you dont want to make it public send to kev AT whitegatesoftware.com and i will forward it you.

kev

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#38]
molebox i dont own so cant offer any comment on this, ive had no reports of it not working under molebox but then whats to say anyones using it along side the protector

Hey Kev, I did get your email. Thank you.

I wanted to report that while the protector seems to work under molebox , it seems that the protector+molebox+zlib , breaks the result of zlibs crc.

Not sure how it it happens, but I do have to check the crc on the exe itself wich I moleboxed, and protected.. In the end I had to remove the protectors patch, and include. Settled for molebox protection features. Just wanted to give you that heads up.

Im sure im a very rare case :)