MaxMod update

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MaxMod update

REDi(Posted 2007) [#1]
Back online at last! :D

apologies to anybody thats emailed me since I've been away, but I'm unable to get at them anymore :( (new email in profile)

*EDIT* old link removed now available at google code *EDIT*

New to MaxMod? (a dodgy home grown mod/xm/mp3 player for blitzmax win32)
Create a "redi.mod" folder inside your "blitzmax/mod/" folder, and unzip the contents of the archive there.
Then you can experiment with the "maxmod.mod/examples"

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#2]
From the module:

MaxMod 1.17
Author REDi - Cliff Harman
License Public Domain
History 1.17 Numberous fixes

Are there any new features, or is this 'just' a bugfix release?

Anyway, nice to see an update, this really is a pretty slick mod.

REDi(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi xlsior

Update is pretty much a complete rewrite and merger of the mod/xm playback routines, should sound alot better with chip tunes ect now, and uses much less cpu time. Lots of fixes to the channel commands/mixing also.

Was hopeing that BlitzMax might have streaming audio built in by now, but it sadly doesnt look like its happend ;P

popcade(Posted 2007) [#4]
Maybe streaming audio is too hard for Mark or Skid so they can't do this, in Win32 there's alot lib to do this but not much on other platforms??

REDi(Posted 2007) [#5]
LOL, I was only having a laugth really.
Its quite easy to do in directsound and openal, its just not high in BRLs todo list IMHO. I'm sure they could if they tried :)

Or are you using some kind of psychological trick? hmm.
They can't do it, They can't do it. LOL

skidracer(Posted 2007) [#6]
Vista derailed all attempts at streaming under win32 from what I can make out, pub.freeaudio under Mac and Linux should be just fine with latencies of 10ms not the 600 to 3000 that more "secure" operating systems seem to require.

downloading now...

Eek, filefront.com seems a bit dead.

REDi(Posted 2007) [#7]
Sorry no source in that download, will send you a copy if you like.

skidracer(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yes please, will patch linux and osx support back in from last attempt. Good to see you back into it!

REDi(Posted 2007) [#9]
Sent. Thanks Skid its nice to be back, tho a break from the evil www is always good :)

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#10]
Streaming in Vista shouldn't be a problem unless you are stupid enough to connect a ready boost device.
Reason is, that MS has introduced a quite bad "error" there which needs to be fixed with SP1 first. This error is that streaming media is ready boosted -> mirrored to the device as well which causes massive latencies and a serious system bandwidth load.

My system nearly collapsed until I found this little problem

LarsG(Posted 2007) [#11]
shouldn't be a problem unless you are stupid enough
Somehow I don't think namecalling will help.. :/

Matthew Smith(Posted 2007) [#12]
Hi redi,

Any chance of getting another download of this??

REDi(Posted 2007) [#13]
Hi Matt, see here mate...
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=74048

Matthew Smith(Posted 2007) [#14]
Great - thanks Redi!