Mirror for BLIde needed

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Mirror for BLIde needed

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello to everybody.

BLIde website transfer is reaching about 200 downloads per week, that is 1,5 gigabytes of transfer per week (more or less), and thats a little too much for my little web hosting. It would be great if someone here wich have free ftp storage or transfer could mirror BLIde downloads. So please, if you're a regular BLIde or BLIde Plus user and can provide a mirror for BLIde updates and downloads, It would be really apreciated.

Thanks and feel free to email me at the email in my profile.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
Couldnt you ask Qube if Syntax Bomb could host it?
He was giving away web space the otherweek @ there

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#3]
wouldn't it be simpler to make the updater doing its job correct, pleeeeasse.
that would drop the amount of traffic drastically

Its annoying that it is a fullsized fulldownload each time again instead of just an update to the current install (byte level update is the keypoint here especially as nearly 0 changes between versions)

Derron(Posted 2007) [#4]
Asked a buddy...

how much traffic is your site consuming monthly?

if it's only some gig (<50) I think it wouldn't be a problem to host your files (you'll get a subdomain on gamezworld.de like blide.gamezworld.de with ftp and http-access and some gig of webspace).

If you want to try this, drop him a line: ron (at) gamezworld.de

bye
MB

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#5]
Sure, I can host a mirror for you. What sort of mirroring software do you use (if any)?

andre72(Posted 2007) [#6]
Hi Ziggy,

I think it would be no problem to host it at my server if you like.
The Server is placed in Germany and I can give you 5GB of space and 50GB of traffic if you like.

Andre

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#7]
Hey, thanks to everybody
:D
I'm not using any mirror software becouse I've never done a mirror, but any light on this area will be more than welcome Flameduck

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#8]
I have plenty of bandwidth, if you need.

Filax(Posted 2007) [#9]
Me too :) I you want host your files, tell me :)