Line Antialias.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Line Antialias.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#1]
Can people test the following for GL and DX drivers?
The GL drawlineaa works for me but I don't have a card which supports DX AA so no idea if it works.

P.S. If you do have a DX AA OK card and know what the AA code should be can you edit the code?
Thanks.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#2]
The GL set line smoothing works fine here on my Intel and PPC iMacs.

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#3]
My linux seems to bork here :
Compile Error: Identifier 'D3D7GraphicsDriver' not found
[/home/brucey/programming/BlitzMax/tmp/untitled1.bmx;7;2]

which implies some code needs wrapped in "?".

But... line smoothing works fine for me using GL.

WendellM(Posted 2007) [#4]
It smooths fine on my Windows system in GL when the mouse button is down, and it's sharp/jaggy with it up.

I then commented out "SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver()" to test DX and got "DebugLog:AA not supported" when pressing the mouse button (and the line remained sharp/jaggy). That was with my ATI Catalyst video driver at its default AA of "Use application settings." Turning it on manually in the control center provided AA smoothing for the line regardless of whether the mouse button was pressed or not (no DebugLog error when pressing it).

Your 9800 Pro might do the same?

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#5]
@Brucey, I'm not too hot at '?' directives. I thought I split it DX and non-DX but don't know enough about Linux and don't have a system.
Can somebody with a Linux system suggest and/or test what needs to be included?
@WendellM, Hmmm, I don't get anti-aliasing whatever I do. I select 3D Settings / Anti-Aliasing / 2x.
I would hope that the DX EDGEANTIALIAS statements would count as 'Application Managed' but I will have to check further. It could just be I haven't got the DX commands right.
From checking the forums other people have manged to get DX line anti-alias working before so can they give this a once over?

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
Works in both DX and OpenGL on my PC, nice work! My DX AA drivers are set to "let App decide" or whatever. I can help with the technical stuff I'm afraid as it's not my area of knowledge.

Could I please add this to my framework (with a credit) even if you think it seems unreliable?

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#7]
@GA, you can add it but I'd like to see any improvements (either technical or procedural) added here. I got much of the code from the forums and it was in response to cs_tbl request from the blitzmaxier thread.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
sure no probs. For now I'm just book marking this page.