~Things like this

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/~Things like this

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#1]
~q is the only one I know of. Is there one for a line space? What others can I use?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#2]
~q - quotes
~n - new line
~0 - Null Char
~t - Tab
~r - return char
~~ - tilde

Look at Help-Literals-String Literals

Jellon(Posted 2008) [#3]
Look at what "help"? The only documentation on blitz I can find is a list of commands. I've looked all over this website and even dug through my Blitz3D folder and I can't find where the documentation for string litterals is. Would someone please give the specifics on where to find this evasive language documentation?

edit: yeah sorry. thought it would be consistent among all 3 of the languages. guess not. I had done a search for this sort of thing in all the forums, and this is the one i found. Didn't even notice it was Max until after i posted. Wouldn't mind my post being deleted.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
Look at what "help"? The only documentation on blitz I can find is a list of commands. I've looked all over this website and even dug through my Blitz3D folder and I can't find where the documentation for string litterals is. Would someone please give the specifics on where to find this evasive language documentation?
Um, this is the BlitzMax forum...

LeeFbx(Posted 2008) [#5]
In the BlitzMax IDE help box you can find this info right up at the top as:

Help-Language-Literals-string literals

But it only includes the six listed above by klepto2.

Is using the tilde as the escape character unique to Blitz products or did it come from somewhere else?