[edit]Obsolete version, please download version 0.9.12 a
Hello!
A new BLIde update is available, this is the changelog for this new version:

* Major update of BLIde core engine

* Major update of the BLIde GUI interface library

* Major update of the BLIde BlitzMax parser

* Fixed lockups when using BLIde in some speciffic CPUs

* Fixed lockups when using more than one instance of BLIde on single-core CPUs

* Fixed: Memory leak when using BLIde with the .net framework 3.0 (.net framework 2.0 also suported)

* Improved: The braces matching hilighting routines have some additional options in the preferences dialog of BLIde

* Fixed a bug when creating folding nodes for single / multiline IF sentences with complex structures

* Fixed: Save before closing only prompted when there have been changes in the project

* Improved: Ctrl+S now saves the project when editing a project and the single file when editing a single file

* Fixed: Compiler error reports could not show all the error information when the error was being detected at link time

* Fixed: Some wrong capitalization of keywords

* Improved: BLIde pseudo-keywords such as summary are now underlined by a dot line. that also aplies to bbdoc:

* Fixed: A message about reloading files was displayed when preferences were changed. This message is now only displayed when there are files to reload.

* Fixed: BLIde could crash when there were a duplicate local definition in the same line of code

* Fixed: Creating a method outside a type could crash BLIde

* Fixed: Any unhandled exception in the bug analizer now is handled and reported in the console window, so BLIde will not crash any more during the code analizing

* Fixed: Ptr keyword is now properly understood by the code analizer

* Fixed: $z identifier is now properly understood by the automatic code arranger

* Fixed: Types nested inside function blocks will no longer report a warning in the code analizer, as it seems to be a 'legal' action

* New: Create a new file dialog, much more standard. There's no need to have kilometric menus (again)

* Fixed a bug that could make BLIde crash when opening a toolbox under Vista, in very rare circumstances

* Improved the "Blue Jay Way 2007" BLIde skin to mimic the Office 2007 color schema and window glows

* Improved: Architecture improved so that window sizes are always maintained through operations like unpinning and moving.

* Improved: Window memory greatly improved for moving between the different dock states.

* Fixed: Some flicker removed in drawing the borders of dockable windows.

* Improved the code analizer errors explanation

* Improved the mouse-hover pop-up mechanism so that it doesn't display when BLIde has lost focus

* Improved BLIde project file serialization to use less resources

* Fixed: A very rare bug on intellisense that was showing array methods in non array methods or functions.

* Improved BLIde start-up time

* Fixexd the famous 5 seconds lockups

Breaking changes:

This new Version comes with a new set-up system. This new set-up system will not detect or overwrite older BLIde versions, and it will install BLIde (by default) on:

[program files]/BLIde for BlitzMax/

It is recomended that you uninstall any BLIde version previous to 00.09.10

BLIde Plus users will have to copy the file Blideplus.lib to the new BLIde installation folder in order to continue using BLIde Plus.

Hope you find it useful. http://www.blide.org

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#2]
http://www.blide.org/ ;)

thx, i will try it, but where is the 09.10 Version? I can only see 09.07

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#3]
Be sure to not be seeing a old cached version of the BLIde website. To be sure, 'reload' the download page.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#4]
yup, thanks.

plash(Posted 2007) [#5]
I probably should of reported this earlier version (well I was going to, but I forgot :x), if you type a function and then its return value then use F2, inside the parenthesis, example:
ReadLine:String(*press F2 here*)

it will show something like "Declaration: String" instead of the function parameters.

heres another oddity, hold the space key inside the parenthesis and it will show the declaration of readline

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#6]
Yes, that can be adressed by removing the data type on function calls, wich is not needed. Anyway, I will improve this for the next version.

plash(Posted 2007) [#7]
I spotted a typo-error in STDKEYWORDS.TXT, at the end it has "DebugStopg" instead of "DebugStop", if you type debugstop in a bmax file it will capitalize it but not hightlight it.

And two requests, make it so you can double click the file icons when creating a new file (to the effect of creating the file), also, make the BLIde window accept file drags.

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#8]
I get this on start...

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#9]
Is this happening always? Have you tried restarting BLIde? anybody else having this issues? do you have latests service packs of .net ?

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#10]
always, yep. I'm running vista x64 and I'm up to date on windows update. If I click continue I'll continue to get errors with other operations.

oh yeah, the title of the error window is colorscheme.bmx.

I just copied my old colorschemes into the new editorcolors dir but I continue to get the error.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#11]
mmm, This can be a .net compatibility issue with one or more dlls, or a problem with the global assembly cache for .net...

Please, install this version from here: http://www.blide.org/download1357908642wqeryuioiuysdfgyurB-3423-43-23/blide-00-09-10-b.zip
and let me know if it works for you now.

Please, can you tell me if this happens also with aereo turned off?

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#12]
I get the same error.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#13]
@dmaz: I will take another look, please revert to previous version and I will let you know when I have a solution.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#14]
Works perfectly for me. Absolutely amazing stuff. I couldn't remember if I donated before or not, so I bought a Blide Plus license because - frankly - I couldn't work on my current game without Blide now.

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#15]
Hey Ziggy,

Thanks for the update... Unfortunately, I am experiencing problems too when opening my project file:

Don't know if this is connected with dmaz's problem...

Thanks

Seb

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#16]
@Sebholl: This is a bug in the BMX parser, nothing to do with the dmaz one. I will release an update in a couple of hours or so. It is caused by array slicing in some speciffic situations.

@Dmaz: I can't reproduce your bug here, It would be great to have an screenshot of the bug, just to see when does it happens exactly (what's displayed in the BLIde window, loading keywords, opening main form, or whatever). I've made some changes to prevent any possible bug at start up and this changes will be on the next update, but I'm not sure if It is completely fixed as I can't reproduce this here.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#17]
There's an update available with the bug found by sebholl fixed, and an approach to the bug found by dmaz. This last one I'm not 100% sure it is fixed as I can not replicate it.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#18]
the install process is quite irritating.

first it starts an mentiones update. Great so far.
But it actually always falls back to the default path instead of using the previously used path.

Any chance that his could be fixed?
(deinstall and install can remain, no problem with it)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#19]
I will take a look Dreamora. This install script is new for me, so probably this can be done, but I don't know how. I'll check it for the next update.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#20]
Thank you.
If you check it: I had a problem with this auto deinstall and install on both of my machines.

It will run into a failure if it does this. Funnily if I just restart the install afterwards, targetting the same folder, it will run.
It sounds like the uninstaller locks some files the installer wants to overwrite in the config.msi folder it writes to.

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#21]
I'll try the new one and get you a screen shot tonight, about 6 hrs from now.

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#22]
There's an update available with the bug found by sebholl fixed

Thanks Ziggy! One other thing I noticed (I know, I probably should have mentioned this before you made this new release) was that when opening a BLIde project file, I get a message box along the lines of...

"Icon file couldn't be found."

As this was displayed in a nice BLIde message box, I assumed it wasn't a bug, but it still happens every time I open the project.

Would you be able to shed some light on what this means?

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#23]
I got that icon file error as well...and some other odd error that I just clicked out of. I was able to load my project just fine though.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#24]
@SebHoll: That's becouse the default icon file is suposed to be on the default BLIde installation folder, and this default installation folder has changed in the new update. Saving the project should solve this. If it does not solve it, let me know it.
Anyway, I will replace the message box by a message in the console, to make it less 'annoing'.

This message tells you that the ICO file you have associated with your publisher settings is no longer found, and it has been replaced by the default BLIde icon. Saving the project should solve this. Anyway, it is an absolute minor issue, and really not a bug.

@Tachyon:
some other odd error that I just clicked out of

Any idea what is this other odd error? I would like to know if there's anything I can do. (don't get me wrong, but your post isnot very constructive) If you have any additional information, please let me know it.

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#25]
c didn't work... I just emailed you some pics. (to the email on your account here)

another thing... when you uninstall it makes you actually have to click a button that says "install" during the process.

plash(Posted 2007) [#26]
just a note for ur next version, as of blitzmax 1.26 the doc index is located at "C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/docs/html/index.html"

along with all the other official module stuff & whatnot
you should take a look at it, its quite different..

Roger(Posted 2007) [#27]
Just to add, I get the same problem as dmaz, (stack trace on colorscheme.bmx), if I press continue I also get it trying to close any tab.

Looking for commonalities, we both run x64 versions of software (Me Windows XP x64), .Net all nice and up to date. running the latest version c of blide.

Regards,

Roger.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#28]
@Roger: I've sent a 'possible' fix to dmaz. Not sure if it will be 100% fixed as I don't have any x64 windows to test it.

About BlitzMAx 1.26: In addition, I have a BlitzMax 1.26 ready version. Users having problems with hilighting with current official release and BlitzMax 1.26, please activate the 'complete modules hilighting' in the preferences dialog and restart BLIde.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#29]
I working to solve some x64 compatibility issues with the divelements guys in order to arrange the issues found by dmaz when using x64 version of BLIde. And I'm waiting for the fix to be finished before releasing a new BLIde update (focused on the new BlitzMax version). Hope I'll have this fix soon.

Roger(Posted 2007) [#30]
@ziggy. Thanks for your efforts regarding x64 issues, let me know if you need any additional assistance in testing please let me know.

Roger.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#31]
@Roger: I've sent you and email, and I will send you a BLIde-test version that will provide some additional information about this crash in order for me to fix it. If the email in your profile is not valid, please send me an email to the one in my profile. and... thanks!

H&K(Posted 2007) [#32]
Hello,

When you "double Click" to open a file from explorer, BLide does now open it in the same BLide, However you cannot run it if you have a file already opened. So even if you click Build when the New file is on top, Blide builds the one that was open Before. You have to close the ones already open.

Derron(Posted 2007) [#33]
Can you please disable "CTRL-Y" to restore minimal layout?

In some apps shortcuts are defined this way:
undo: ctrl + z
redo: ctrl+y

When coding I press ctrl-y 10 times a session ...this sucks...especially when "lock windows" is enabled, this shortcut destroys my manually adjusted windowproportions each time.

Thanks.

bye
MB

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#34]
@H&K: I'll fix this for the next update

@MichaelB: Ok, I'll change this shortcut.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#35]
yes please, ive hit ctrl+y a lot recently and it hurts! CTRY-y should be redo as mentioned above, ta! :D

H&K(Posted 2007) [#36]
oh, In addition to what I said, the same problem happens even if you just load in from BLide

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#37]
Thingies:

ctrl-n for 'new' -> can you put the focus on that Ok button so that an [Enter] is enough to start right away?

File meanu -> '&' the menu items to be more standard (&New, &Open, &Save E&xit etc.)

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#38]
In general, it's wiser to stick to the more or less standard menu item &highlighters and names.

File>
&New
&Open
------
&Save
Save &As
&Export
------
&Print
------
&Quit / E&xit

In addition: I'd suggest [ctrl-o] for one single open, where you can choose Blide projects or BMX files in one file dialog.

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#39]
bug: try [F1] on the keyword 'EachIn'

(version c I'm running)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#40]
@CS_TBL: This version is ready for BlitxMax 1.24, not BlitzMax 1.26, I will release an update as soon as I have the x64 compatibiolity issue fixed. But untill then, the documentation section may be buggy, as BlitzMax 1.26 makes the documentation in a different way. I've got a 'ready to go' version for BlitzMax 1.26, but it only works on x86 machines. I need to make some additional fixes wich I hope will be ready this week. To the & issue in menus, I will take a look and update them for the next release. thanks!

@H&K: The non-project BMX files compilation and running issue, has been fixed for the next update. Thanks for reporting. Additionally, if you want to make a new BMX file quickly, without having to deal with filenames and file extensions, just click Shit + Ctrl + n

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#41]
but... I'm running max1.24!

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#42]
Code analyzer tells me an instance is never used. The instance runs by itself tho, using eventhooks. Something to add.. :P

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#43]
@CS_TBL: Can you give me a code sample?

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#44]

And:

Warning:
Variable 'bar' is not used in the program logic. It is never checked or referenced (line 44)

So, this code "analizer" currently doesn't work with eventhooked programs that work all by themself, outside any mainloop. When enough of these parts are made, your whole analizer list is filled up with irrelevant warnings.. :P

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#45]
Tried to send a bug, but was unable to do so. Blide always mentioned that it was impossible to send the bug formular

Code analyzer does not work with single lined if - elseif:

if test             updateTester()
elseif noTest       updateNoTester()

will show up an error here, even thought it is correct BM code.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#46]
@CS_TBL: I think the warning is correct. The line:
Local bar:TFoo = TFoo.create(w)

Is creating a unused variable, it would look better this way:
TFoo.Create(w)

@Dreamora: I didn't know it was legal to have a "single line if" with a "else" in a different code line. I will fix this for next release. Thanks for reporting.
[EDIT]This is no longer legal on blitzMax 1.26, so no fix to make here

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#47]
forget about the error, BM 1.26 does not accept it.
Sorry for wasting your time

great work btw with the .10 version :)

Blide + JSPs GUI Editor just take BM to a totally different level

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#48]
mmm..ok

Another bug, the bracket matcher goes wrong, I get a large white rect over each bracket, no matter how I select 'bold' in prefs. These white rects are truly a pain to work with.. :S

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#49]
@CS_TBL: I'll take a look. Thanks for reporting! :D

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#50]
Hello to everybody. An update is available:
* Fixed a binary compatibility issue with 64 bits CPUs running BLIde under windows XP 64 or Windows Vista 64, (thanks to Roger and Dmaz from the BlitzMax comunity)

* Several improvements on intellisense, now it is more precise

* Typo error in the standard keywords file where there was the word DebugStopg (thanks to Plash from the BlitzMax comunity)

* Some changes in the BLIde shortcuts to make BLIde more standard

* Addapted to work with the new BlitzMax version 1.26 'out of the box'

* Fixed an issue with braces matching rendering when using a not white background rendering schema

* Improved flickering when opening a project

* Better multi-thread interoperation in the BLIde internal API. Now uses less resources and need less monitor operations

* Fixed a bug that was making BLIde not build and run the appropiate file when there were more than one non-project BMX files

* Fixed a memory access violation crash that was being displayed when BLIde was launched in very rare situations

* Fixed a memory access violation crash that was being displayed when a document was closed in very rare situations

* Fixed a memory access violation crash that was being fired when a project was loaded in very rare situations

Breaking changes:

* This version requieres BlitzMax 1.26 or greater to run

* This version may have compatibility issues with windows 98 computers if unicode support is not properly installed.

I hope you find it usefull, download at http://www.blide.org/

DJ Scantron(Posted 2007) [#51]
The code analyzer give me warnings about variables never being checked or referenced, however I put them in a linked list in their constructor functions.

DJ Scantron(Posted 2007) [#52]
Also just noticed, in 09.12 a in the setting->preferences menu the tooltip pop up for the Force Unicode format checkbox displays the tip for play sound on compile error.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#53]
@DJ Scantron: I will fix the tooltip issue. Can I have a little sample code about the warnings issue?

DJ Scantron(Posted 2007) [#54]
SuperStrict

Type TObj

Global LIST:TList

Function Create:TObj()
Local obj:TObj = New TObj
ListAddLast(TObj.LIST, obj)
Return obj
End Function

Method Do_Nothing()

End Method

End Type

TObj.LIST = CreateList()

Local obj1:TObj = TObj.Create()
Local obj2:TObj = TObj.Create()

For Local o:TObj = EachIn TObj.LIST
o.Do_Nothing()
Next

Print "Program Finished."
End

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#55]
@DJ Scantron: The warnings are right. You're creating variable obj1 and obj2, but never using them.

In order to not be adding uneeded work to the GC, the lines:
Local obj1:TObj = TObj.Create()
Local obj2:TObj = TObj.Create()

should be:
TObj.Create()
TObj.Create()

And that's it. The object is already created and allocated in the TList, so you can loop, search and modify any of them in the for loop. You're adding additional uneeded additional work to the GC. BLIde detects it and tells you.

If you add something like:
obj1.DoSomething()

BLIde will understand that you ARE using this speciffic instance of TObj, and will no longer throw any warning on it.

DJ Scantron(Posted 2007) [#56]
Interesting, Never thought if it that way. Just habit to always assign variables like that.

(BTW love the new version of Blide, it runs so much smoother, you are the man!)

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#57]
Maybe old news.. dunno. I try to uninstall the older BlIde, and when clicking 'uninstall', the next screen tells me it's 'installing!

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#58]
Yes, that's something i need to change on the setup, it is just a 'cosmetic' issue :D

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#59]
This latest version is really nice. It starts up about as fast as MaxIDE, which I think is very important.

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#60]
However, my file association for .bmx files is all screwed up.

When I try selecting BLide as the program to open it with it selects the BLide installer.

A lot of .net programs do this kind of thing. When I run Terragen it tried to install my printer.

--Edit--

I fixed it, but it is strange that .net programs sometimes mess up like that.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#61]
@Leadwerks: Select the file BLIdeExplorerRunTime.exe to open BMX files. and be sure to be pointing to the right BLIde installation path.

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#62]
How about adding .vert and .frag files to the file requester?

Tom(Posted 2007) [#63]
A lot of .net programs do this kind of thing. When I run Terragen it tried to install my printer.
:O)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#64]
@Leadwerks: What do you mean by 'file requester`?

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#65]
When you open a file. It shows which files you can choose from bmx, bb, txt, etc.

.vert and .frag are GLSL Vertex Shader and GLSL Fragment Shader, respectively.

Roger(Posted 2007) [#66]
@ziggy

.12 Now works fine under Windows XP x64, thanks very much for fixing it.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#67]
@Leadwerks: There's an option to associate additional extensions with parsers. If you add an extension to BLIde, this files will be available on the open file dialog

@Roger: Thanks for the feedback.

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#68]
Click f1 on a command for help.. ctrl-tab some to browse through your open projectwindows, and you get back at the help tab, I get an error.

Still not impressed by the menu keys, they're not like the common standards.

The standard is like this:

&New
&Open
&Save
Save &As

Note the Save and Save as keys. That's far different than your all-in-1-save-menu situation.

Derron(Posted 2007) [#69]
On german keyboard layouts the "u" is next to tze "z" (y and z are swapped) and you still shortcut the function "restore to minimal layout" to CTRL+U.

This shortcut is nearly useless... if one has set his layout he is hardly interested in changing it on the fly for some seconds to have a different view.
The next thing is that "lock windows" does not prevent the function of "restore to minimal layout" - such actions should only work when "lock windows" is disabled.

.12a has btw more crashes than .10 but I wasn't able to pin the problem directly - may be it has something to do with the changes for bmax1.26. Most crashes occour when accessing the help (F1) - last time for "case" (select-statement) : help shows up and then "application error".

It also is kind of slower sometimes (no input for 2-3 seconds - lag).

My OS is still XP SP2 32Bit.

bye
MB

Vlad(Posted 2007) [#70]
So often crashes with 09.12a when using shortcuts Ctrl+C.
Error desc:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : blide.exe P2 : 0.0.9.12 P3 : 470b8969
P4 : system.windows.forms P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4333aefa P7 : 21f6
P8 : 14 P9 : amag3aacmawg2xaf344u21acve5pstkl

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#71]
@Vlad: Is anybody else having this issues? Please, can you provide more feedback, maybe a source example or a situation where we can replicate the bug here? Do you have any non default setting on BLIde? does it happen with the regular layout?

Vlad(Posted 2007) [#72]
@Manel
This bug is not regular. It can be when i try to copy single word and it can be when i copy selected text area.
It occur at any time after blide start: early - rarely, after - often.

I use default complete layout and all toolbars is on.

Editor settings:
All is on but excepts 'Smart text formatter ...' and 'convert data types ...'

Code analizer: all is off

Advanced: All is off, background performance = 2

General:
Reopen application and tabs
Off options:
Use Blide help page...
Create a BAK ...
Force Unicode format

Before 09.12a i switched-off folding. I'll try to work with disabled folding again and if bug don't occur I'll inform.

Vlad(Posted 2007) [#73]
Without folding Ctrl+C bug occur too.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#74]
@MichaelB: Is this 2-3 seconds lag happening always or just in very big files? Is this lag also happening if you disable 'folding' from the preferences menu?
I'm also taking a look to the help requester.
To the layout engine, I'm clearing this shortcut, and adding a menu where you can save and load BLIde layouts.

@Vlad: I'm taking a deep look to the copy and paste code, but it would be great if you can tell me anything else. I mean, if it is a random bug, it may follow some 'logic'. I can't reproduce it here, so I supose I'm missing something. Is thre any info in the crash window?please, provide any information.

Vlad(Posted 2007) [#75]
@Manel
I've got a new error message. I start using copy in pooldown menu - more stable, but bug is still occurs.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed.
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ThrowIfFailed(Int32 hr)
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy, Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy)
at QWhale.Editor.Selection.WriteToClipboard()
at QWhale.Editor.Selection.Copy()
at BLIde.BLIdeEditorControl.BLEditorControl.MenuItem2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at TD.SandBar.ToolbarItemBase.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.ButtonItemBase.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.
.(TopLevelMenuItemBase , Boolean , Boolean , Point )
at TD.SandBar.TopLevelMenuItemBase.(Control , Point , Boolean )
at TD.SandBar.MenuBar.(Control , Point , Boolean )

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BLIde
Assembly Version: 0.0.9.12
Win32 Version: 0.0.9.12
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/BLIde.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
SandDock
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.1
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.1
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/SandDock.DLL
SandBar
Assembly Version: 1.4.1.1
Win32 Version: 1.4.1.1
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/SandBar.DLL
Navisight
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/Navisight.DLL
BMXDemo
Assembly Version: 1.0.2830.25118
Win32 Version: 1.0.2830.25118
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/BMXDemo.DLL
QWhale.Syntax.Parsers
Assembly Version: 1.47.2735.19316
Win32 Version: 1.47.2735.19316
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/QWhale.Syntax.Parsers.DLL
QWhale.Syntax
Assembly Version: 1.47.2735.19314
Win32 Version: 1.47.2735.19314
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/QWhale.Syntax.DLL
System.DirectoryServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.DirectoryServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.DirectoryServices.dll
QWhale.Common
Assembly Version: 1.47.2735.19312
Win32 Version: 1.47.2735.19312
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/QWhale.Common.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
t6_9kujj
Assembly Version: 1.47.2735.19314
CodeBase: file:///C:/XP/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
QWhale.Editor
Assembly Version: 1.47.2762.23328
Win32 Version: 1.47.2762.23328
CodeBase: file:///E:/prog/IDE/win/BlitzMax/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/QWhale.Editor.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

BTW, do u using Visual Basic to programming BLIDE?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#76]
@Vlad: I'm using Visual Basic .net for the main layout and rendering engine, C# for the parser, extended GUI library and other areas. C++ for some low-level operations regarding multi-thread operations, and BlitzMax for the audio preview engine. I'm importing the Visual Basic namespace (that's why it is listed on the debug info) to use its string manipulation functions, I'm more used to them than to the C# standard ones.

Vlad(Posted 2007) [#77]
@Manel
Now i know how to call this bug ;)
Double click on word (to select) and press Ctrl+C or call pooldown menu and select "copy" menu item.
If do this several times bug occurs definitely. It occurs after dblclicking and copy operation folowing immediatelly. But not each time.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#78]
@Vlad: I think I've found it, this will be fixed for the next update.

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#79]
Could the next release of BLide get to a state where it doesn't ask you to save the project when you exit if you haven't made any changes??? It's a little annoying. :-P

Just a suggestion!

Derron(Posted 2007) [#80]
disabling "code folding" decreased the lag to <0.5secs on a 4000lines code (320kb, utf-8).

Most lags occour when changing something in the functions-structure (e.g. begin an if-statement without endif before endfunction occours).
Without code-folding i feel not comfortable to code that fast than with folding enabled... takes more time to switch between functions ;D.

bye
MB

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#81]
@MichaelB: I know it... My question was only to detect where the lag could be happening, I'm working to make the AST building faster, but it is not a trivial task :D. A little improvement on this area will be on next update, but don't expect a very big change. I will be improving it step by step.

@SebHoll: currently BLIde does not ask you to save a project if no changes have been made to it but, sometimes when a project is loaded and the session restored, some layout elements are recreated, and that causes BLIde to understand the project has been changed. I'm improving this too.

Derron(Posted 2007) [#82]
Ok ... another "lag" - no changes (still code folding disabled):

Type TGame   
  Field debugmode:Byte = 0							'0=no debug messages; 1=some debugmessages
  Field DebugInfos:Byte = 0 {saveload = "nosave"}
  Field name:String 								'name of the game (mainly for display in network-lobby    
  Field speed:Float = 0.1 							'Speed of the game
  Field oldspeed:Float = 0.1 						'Speed of the game
  Field DoorOpenTime:Int = 100 						'time how long a door will be shown open until figure enters
  Field IntTimer:Float								'common timer    
  Field intDeltaTime:Float = 0 						'for exact movement and so on
  Field time:Float 									'time in game, unformatted       
  Field timeSinceBegin:Float 						'time in game, not reset every day       
  Field minute:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}		'minute of the game
  Field day:Int = 1 {saveload = "normal"}		'day of game
  Field year:Int = 2006 {saveload = "normal"}	'year of the game
  Field cursorstate:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}		'which cursor has to be shown? 0=normal 1=dragging
  Field playerID:Int = 1 {saveload = "normal"}		'playerID of player who sits in front of the screen
  Field start_MovieAmount:Int = 5 {saveload = "normal"}		'how many movies does a player get on a new game
  Field start_AdAmount:Int = 3 {saveload = "normal"}		'how many contracts a player gets on a new game
  Field error:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}		'is there a error (errorbox) floating around?
  Field maxAudiencePercentage:Float = 0.3 {saveload = "normal"} 	'how many 0.0-1.0 (100%) audience is maximum reachable
  Field maxContractsAllowed:Int = 10 {saveload = "normal"}		'how many contracts a player can possess
  Field maxMoviesInSuitcaseAllowed:Int = 12 {saveload = "normal"}	'how many movies can be carried in suitcase
  Field gamestate:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}		'0 = Mainmenu, 1=Running, ...
  Field networkgame:Byte = 0 {saveload = "normal"}		'are we playing a network game? 0=false
  Field networkgameready:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}		'is the network game ready - all options set? 0=false
  Field onlinegame:Byte = 0 {saveload = "normal"}		'playing over internet? 0=false
  Field title:String = "MyGame" {saveload = "normal"}	'title of the game
  Field daytoplan:Int = day {saveload = "normal"}		'which day has to be shown in programmeplanner
  Field newday:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}
  Field newhour:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}
  Field newhourAndFiveMinutes:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}
  Field newhourAndFiftyFiveMinutes:Int = 0 {saveload = "normal"}
  Field daynames:String[]					'array of abbreviated (short) daynames 
  Field daynames_long:String[] 				'array of daynames (long version)
  Field fullscreen:Int			= 0			'playing fullscreen? 0=false
  Field username:String 		= "Ano Nymus"	'username of the player
  Field userport:Short			= 4444			'userport of the player
  Field userchannelname:String 	= "SunTV"		'channelname the player uses
  Field userlanguage:String		= "de"			'language the player uses
  Field userdb:String 			= "database.xml"
  Field userfallbackip:String 	= ""

was on my way to remove some meta-data to write different ones to other variables (instead of "normal" "nosave" for not-to-save-fields - less code ;D).

Changed 9-10 lines and got a 3-4 seconds lag while writing... like everytime only a lag, no missed input characters or so.

The TGame-Object is about 400 lines.

bye
MB

ps: I appreciate your work and time you put into this IDE very, very much.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#83]
@MichaelB: When a lag happens, is the text 'learning' placed in the bottom of the code window (in the status bar), or the word 'done' ?

Derron(Posted 2007) [#84]
it's "done" (like it is most of the time ;D).

What about the code-analyzer? Is it checking the whole file for mistakes when I change one line?

edit: second lag was when "learning" was stated, third lag was "done".

bye
MB

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#85]
@MichaelB: Code analizer works in a lowest priority thread, and it is working all the time using free cpu time, so it is not introducing any LAG. The problem is in the AST creation, this is the object that produces the outlining. Also a semaphore issue may be happening with the internal database updater and the code analizer, but this area has been improved for next update. I will keep on looking of r a solution. What are you system specs?

Derron(Posted 2007) [#86]
Lags occouring on:
AMD XP1700+ with 1GB Ram (XP SP1)
and on
AMD Turion 2GHz (= Mobile) with 1GB Ram (XP SP2), a/c plugged in so full cpu avaiable.

haven't tested it on AMD X2 4200 / 2GB Ram/ XP SP2.

I think I will be patient enough to wait for your next releases.

Ahh ... a small suggestion - if you don't use "additional media files" - why is it shown within the "project dependencies tree"?

Ok ... another one: what about multi-lingual-abilities?
Would it be possible to make different languages avaiable? (just export your phrases to an xml/ini/whatever-file). Think some people will be glad to offer you some translations.

bye
MB

Vlad(Posted 2007) [#87]

I think I've found it, this will be fixed for the next update.

Nice! ^^
Waiting with impatience for an update ...

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#88]
Multilanguage support: It is also a gigantic task right now, but I like the idea. Maybe when the managed projects mode is ready.

Kistjes(Posted 2007) [#89]
Today I installed your free version of BLIde. It's a massive difference to the MAXide (of course) but I think I like it!
There's only one strange think happening. I can only use the mouse scroll-wheel in the console, no matter where my cursor is. So, if I try to scroll the code panel, the console scrolls. Very annoying.
Btw. no problems with the scroll-wheel in other applications.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#90]
@Kistjes: Hello and thanks for the possitive feedback. Do you have any spetial mouse, or something? I've never heard about this bug, and I can't replicate it here.

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#91]
after you compile and run the console has focus and thats what will scroll. It would be nice if just hovering and scrolling would change what's in focus... clicking in the code window allows scrolling with the wheel, at least for me.

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#92]
Hi. Great work as always, and this version is running better than ever on my system. Just a small thing, but can you add EndSelect to your list of standard keywords, as I often use the one word versions of the End(whatevers). Also, can you change 'mod' and 'not' to 'Mod' and 'Not', as these were a couple I had to amend. There may have been a couple of others, which I've forgotten. I personally prefer all known keywords to be capitalised, as I think most other people do.

Other that that, I can't find fault with anything while I've been using it. Good job.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#93]
@JazzieB: aren't you getting correct hilighting for the keyword EndSelect? I've seen there's a case correction problem I will fix for next version, but you should see it detected as a keyword. This EndSelect issue can be adressed by disabling the 'Use complete modules hilighting' on the preferences dialog.

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#94]
Until I manually added it to the list of standard keywords, it came up as 'endselect' instead of 'EndSelect'. It did get highlighted as a keyword though.

I do have 'use complete modules highlighting' selected though. I'm not sure what this option does, to be honest, but it sounds like something where it's better to have it selected than not.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#95]
JazzieB: Full modules hilighting will hilite any method, function, field, typename global o const defined in any module. Deselcting this will limit the hilighting to the standard lists defined in the stdkeywords.txt file on the BLIde installation folder.

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#96]
Is it possible to define a background color for a scope?

E.g. I'd wish to change the background color of a specific method or something, could be done by typing '#rgb 80,0,0 just in front of the scope begin.. in this case the scope would be dark red. The idea is that it might help to partly navigate on color rather than thousands of characters.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#97]
I'm afraid it is not possible now, and it would requiere a big update of the rendering routines. Next step will be to serialize breakpoints, maybe when this is done I could take a look.

Kistjes(Posted 2007) [#98]
@ziggy: I've got some more info about the mouse scrolling thing. With my standard Logitech USB mouse at home there are no problems but with my Dell mouse with some extra buttons on the left side I can't use the scroll-wheel for the code panel (even if I hide all other panels with F7). It seems like a Dell mouse driver problem, unfortunately.

Another thing though: am I correct there is no F1-help for the MaxGUI module commands (like CanvasGraphics)? If, so... any changs there will be? ;-)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#99]
@Kistjes: Yes, there's help for the MaxGUI module, just go to tools, module tools, document modules, and if the help is still missing, restart blide updating modules from the start menu. It should work.

Kistjes(Posted 2007) [#100]
Still not working. Error message:
No tipic found for the keyword [CreateCanvas]

It puzzles me that the keywords from the MaxGUI module auto-color and auto-capatilize corectly. AND I get a tooltip for the required parameters. This all worked already before I tried your suggestions.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#101]
Are you running BlitzMax 1.26 and BLIde 0.9.12 a ?

Kistjes(Posted 2007) [#102]
That's correct.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#103]
It seems there's an issue regarding context help for some modules. I'll fix this for the next release.
By the way, a new BETA version will be ready next week, and I'm looking for beta testers. See my worklog for more details
http://www.blitzmax.com/logs/userlog.php?user=6809&log=1474

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#104]
I don't know if it's just me, but when running an app in debugmode and an error occurs, the error message does not "plop to front" anymore. Instead the appwindow freezes and I have to click the underlying BLIde window once to see the error message.

I'm using Blide 0.9.12a and BMax 1.26 (32bit)

Kistjes(Posted 2007) [#105]
I think it's too early for me to join the beta-testers. I have to get to know BLIde better to test new or improved functionality. I'll keep it in mind, though.
Thanks for the invitation.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#106]
@Jake L. I'll take a look, does it happen on full screen graphics, windowed, always?

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#107]
Always. Try this:

graphics 1024,768,0,0
'graphics 1024,768,16,0

while not keydown(KEY_ESCAPE)
	drawtext ("Hit <space> to raise a runtime error!",20,20)
	if keyhit(KEY_SPACE) then Runtimeerror ("An error occured!")
	flip
WEnd

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#108]
@Jake L.
That's correct behaviour, I'm not sure how top-most window placement would interactuate on full screen graphics. anyway, I'll take a look to make it top most and see if that works ok.

EDIT: this is working different since BlitzMax 1.26, I will make a fix for next BLIde update, just to prevent that 'locked' look-like when working on full screen mode on Vista when there's a run-time error.

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#109]
@Ziggy
Before 1.26 and BLIde 0.9.12a everything was ok (don't know about full screen, but it definitly worked in windowed mode!).

"Old" Behaviour: editor window comes in front and an error window appears on top of that. I was able to press "ok" to close the error window and start a debug session immediately.

Now I have to switch app/editor windows manually to see the error message.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#110]
@Jake L.
This is caused by the different way BlitzMax handles graphics. I've managed to solve this by changing some little things in the application thread, and by sending some API messages to the graphic window. Most of the times, BLIde can get the focus properly when running windowed graphics, but it can't get the focus when working on full screen. The good news is that this kind of unhandled exception will not be getting all the CPU (as in maxide or current BLIde version), allowing the user to close the process 'by hand'. If the user doesn't manage to start the windows task manager, BLIde will close the running application after some seconds, allowing the user to debug even when using full screen mode.
Also, the error report will be generated before BLIde notifys the error, so it can be viewed even when the user closes the BMX application using Ctrl+alt+Del
This has been a bit of a nightmare to arrange, but it'll be working great on next BLIde update.

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#111]
Sounds good! Many thanks for that!

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#112]
Hi Ziggy, is it possible to fix the order of the tabs for a project? Right now, every time I load my project I have to readjust the tabs like I want them.

Derron(Posted 2007) [#113]
And STRG+U still sets minimal layout (although I used "locked windows", which should prohibit such shortcuts).

bye
MB

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#114]
@Barbapapa: What do you meanby 'changing the order tabs' changing where they are placed, or changing the order of the active Tabs? The order of tabs is something I'm serializing for next release, the exact possition (if you've done a split-view or something') will not be 'yet' serialized.

@MichaelB: All the layout serialization has been rewritten for the next update. The problem with this shortcut will be solved, and you'll be able to create, save and load your own layouts from the window menu. So in case anything gets 'moved' you will be able to reload your favourite layout organization.

By the way, I would like to know if any of you would be interested in a GUI based SNV to be able to download BlitzMax beta (development) versions from the BlitzMax website. I've got the bare-bones of it done, and it would not requiere any additional SNV program. Obviously this is only targeted to advanced users with MinGW installed and the like.

Derron(Posted 2007) [#115]
Just implement the -SVN- -Feature the way it seamlessly integrates like the normal update-function, so if one is willed, he can update to "dev"-versions instead of "stable" ones.

BTW I hope to see the next version soon ... today I used STRG+U over 10 times (you remember that Z and Y are switched on german keyboards). Sucks to readjust it everytime ;D.

bye
MB

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#116]
The beta version should have been out last week, I'm still adding some bug fixing to the new solution engine. It is being a little bit of a nightmare, but everything is starting to shape and I hope it'll be out very soon.

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#117]
@ simply saving the order of the tabs. It's really annoying to reorder the positions every time I refresh, reload..

Would it be possible to add a '*' in front of filenames in the tabs that have been changed in the editor?

Chalky(Posted 2007) [#118]
@ziggy,

Double-clicking BLide projects in explorer without BLide (9.12.a) already running often (but not always) gives me the following error, with the project not being loaded:

[colorscheme.bmx] closed.
ERROR REPORT IN COLORSCHEMA LOADER
Stack: at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.UpdateHandleWithOwner()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Show()
at BLIde.MainForm.NewProject(String file, Boolean additional)
at BLIde.MainForm.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Targetsite:Void CreateHandle()
Object name: 'LoadingProject'.
STACKTRACER2:Checkig CMD
END OF ERROR REPORT

Loading the same projects from within BLide does not cause this error. Also - once the error has occurred, BLide only lists one file in its recent project menu.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#119]
@Chalky: I'll fix this for the next release, thanks for reporting

AlexO(Posted 2007) [#120]
Ziggy,
in case you needed more user data with Chalky's error message:
I got the same error when double-clicking a blide project with blide already open ( was trying to open another instance). Thanks for your hard work btw :), loving Blide.

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#121]
@.Alex and Chalky: This bug has been completely fixed for next release. It is a minor issue, and it is not affecting BLIde stability.