Bmax Software Protector - new demo to try

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Bmax Software Protector - new demo to try

Kev(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi guys

i would be greatfull if you could give this new public demo a test, it adds support for online user/serial number authentication. and your mac address detection.

this demo tests 3 mode's of serial authentication, these are 1) a good reg, 2) a good reg thats been blocked. 3) bad reg.

demo available here.
http://www.winblitz3d.co.uk/protector_example_NEW.zip

finaly in this demo ive removed time trial demo so thoses that tested the last demo can still run this. your feedback would be of great help before i send this of to reg users.

thanks
kev

plash(Posted 2007) [#2]
all three tests responded correctly and the image was shown, btw are you going to sell this?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#3]
Plash, thanks and its already available to buy. see the link in my sig for more info.

kev

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#4]
...and your mac address detection.

Stupid question, but... can it handle multiple MAC's as well? I have both an onboard + PCI NIC myself (the onboard one is faster, but not supported by Linux), and more and more motherboards come with two NIC's in the first place.

plash(Posted 2007) [#5]
what does it need your mac address for? does it use it as a serial key?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#6]
@xlsior, currently only the first mac address is returned. support for more should be easy a little modifcation would be needed.

@Plash, serial generation is not included just yet. the blitzmax command and .php scripts deal only with authentication.
the mac address is not used but can be used to generate serial keys or lock your software to that pc. (im not saying this is not crackable)

kev