please help test texpac and dmaz.pacimage

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/please help test texpac and dmaz.pacimage

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#1]
Texpac is ready for people to start using it I think. it's free well actually donation-ware so if you need a nice speed up of Drawtext on all cards or drawimage on some cards, give it a test. there is documentation and examples on the site and in the mod.

please post any suggestions or bugs here or on the texpac forum.

thanks

http://www.ooeyug.com/texpac
here is a ref link.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=72245#807389

Oh Yeah... feel free to use Texpac for any engines.

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#2]
I'm not sure if this is the best way to handle this... I sort of do a little callback from the drawing routine for each character. it's works, I just haven't decide how elegant it is. :)

test app:
Download

here's the the test app code, the functions that do the work are Wave and Bounce which were passed as function pointers

MGE(Posted 2007) [#3]
Works great here. I do callbacks like that as well, since there is some overhead I always make duplicate routines so they can use the callback method or not. ;)

BTW I LOVE TexPac, and I was going to contact you about adding support for the file format to MGE. I've only had time to play around with the TexPac editor and not use anything in my code, but the time has come!

Is there some source that I can grab that let's me pull in all of the sprite/animation data for the texture? Thanks again for making TexPac, this is going to be a HUGE time saver! Your donation IS coming because I plan on using this extensively. Since it will be part of MGE (loading the TexPac data) I will make sure to credit you and push for donations as well. ;) Thanks!

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks...

Is there some source that I can grab that let's me pull in all of the sprite/animation data for the texture?

well, yeah but it's custom for pacimage.mod. I want to keep that close to the vest for now because I may be making some internal changes. but if you just want to see how I loaded the .pac file in then I can email you the function. Or, I can also modify TexPac to output what you want... I was actually planning on allowing the developer to create custom export files. Which of those works best for you.

hey, what happened to the blog...?

MGE(Posted 2007) [#5]
Thanks, I'm going to email you so you understand exactly what I'd like to do. Thanks! (re: Blog, I'm working on a new sig.) :) lol..

MGE(Posted 2007) [#6]
Dmaz - I'd like to learn how to read in the data so I can make use of the packed texture. Can you email me at:
info2 A T jgoware.com

I tried emailing you with no response at your yahoo address. Thanks!

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#7]
just found it... it was in the spam filter.