Future Compiler Suggestion

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Future Compiler Suggestion

peltazoid(Posted 2007) [#1]
Ok, here is an option I would like to see in the complier in a future version of BlitzMax.

To be able to stop a running program from the ide when in debug mode. Rather than having to have debugstop in the code, just have a pause button which will halt execution and enter the debugger.

I know this can by watching for an event or keypress then stopping the code, but it would be nice to just beable to halt a running program.

Also sometimes when debugging programs, when single stepping through the code the program will just terminate. And with large arrays of types you can not always access all elements in the debugger even though they are assigned.

Cheers.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#2]
Isn't that what the green button is for?

peltazoid(Posted 2007) [#3]
no, that only restarts a stopped app with debug stop

cheers.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#4]
The debugger does need a great deal of improvements and both your problems you've mentioned here are among the things I'd like to see. IIRC, improvements to the debugger were on the list of things to be in the next version of BMax, but I haven't seen word one from anyone from BRL for months.

Muttley(Posted 2007) [#5]
It would be nice, but as a stop-gap in my dev builds I just have something like this in my main loop:

If KeyHit(KEY_D) then Debugstop

Not perfect, but it works...