BLIde update 0.9.3 available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde update 0.9.3 available

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#1]
[EDIT] This version is obsolete, please install 00.09.04 C from the BLIde website

New BLIde version, with the new Blitzmax dedicated parser is available for download.

# Completely new core engine based on the wonderful Quantum Whale lexical parser

# Completely new Semantic Parser based on the Quantum Whale plug-in system

# Folding regions are updated on a separated thread, this can introduce some little delay updating folding regions. Nothing important once you get used to it, and it provides a huge parsing speed improvement.

# New Print options, much more complete including page size and printing options dialog.

# If sentences have folding, even on single line Ifs

# Using complete modules hilighting doesn't introduce any performance hit

# Project Dependencies Tree: Single click on the project dependencies tree was selecting the clicked item, that was causing that when a node in the tree was expanded, the document was automatically selected in the edit window. This has been solved

# A new ultrafast mode available. This mode disables folding, but enables the edition of very big sourcecode files at nearly 0 CPU cost.

# Parenthesis matching hilighting

# LUA source code is suported (Blide Plus)

# New Lock window mechanism that prevents users to un-arrange the BLIde Layout by mistake

# The file being edited is automatically chosen in the local shortcuts tree to make navigation throug source code easier.

# New Window menu, with a list of all the opened documents (selectable) and some visualization options, like 'new horizontal tab group' or 'new vertical tab group' like in visual studio 2005. There is also an 'auto hide all windows' option

# New welcome page, more simple and IMHO better looking. It also loads the news channel a lot faster making all the website access and download in a separated thread to 'fake' it is instant.

# There has been also a major update on the wizards, updating the wizard control to a new underlaying system that (in further versions) will conform the Vista Wizard specification. Now BLIde conforms the Wizard 97 specification by Microsoft. Also, all the drawings in the wizard control, have been updated to work with the GDI+ architecture, so they look a little better.

# Color schema definitor is now parser-speciffic, so users can define color schemas for Lua, Sql, C, C++, Ini, Python, Html, Xml, Assembler, etc.

# And a lot of additional changes I can't remember now...

# BLIde now remembers all opened documents and cursor possitions when a project is re-loaded.

NOTE: A new username and password is required for all BLIde Plus users. This new username and password will be sent to all users. If you are a registered BLIde Plus user, and you don't get the new username and activation code, please send an email to me and I will send you the new username and activation code. My email is on my profile.

Uninstall any previous version of BLIde before installing this one. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, BLIDE WON'T WORK

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2007) [#2]
Got mine, downloading new version.....

Thanks ziggy!!!

Cartman(Posted 2007) [#3]
Just sent you an error I'm getting.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#4]
Got my new key. :)

I uninstalled the old version and installed this new one and Blide Plus still remains activated. How do enter my new key, or can we still use the old one?

Cartman(Posted 2007) [#5]
The error went away and hasn't come back. Everything is running fine. Nice job. I'll let you know if it happens again.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#6]
@Amon: Can you tell me wich version number appears in the BLIde main window's tittle bar? Did you entered a new username and activation code during the beta testing of 0.9.x versions? The new username and activation code is the same that was available during the beta-testing.

@Cartman: I've got your email

Raph(Posted 2007) [#7]
Excellent. :) Been using it all day.

Two minor things:

When you have multiple files open, the little buttons for cycling through the files over on the upper right don't seem to work anymore. This may only be after opening vertical tab groups -- not sure. I never use them, actually, but I was just trying to stuff out.

At first, the mouse hover showing declarations or whatever was really annoying, because it popped up with zero delay. Somehow I did something that made it stop, though.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#8]
@Raph: You can enable it or disable it on the preferences dialog. Maybe that's what you did

Raph(Posted 2007) [#9]
Ziggy, found something else to gripe about:

The old window splitter seems to have gone away. Now there's the new window splitter and the tab groups, which are great because I can edit many files at once. BUT...

If I split the window so I have two views of the same file, and then I use local shortcuts, the bottom pane is always the one that jumps to the new location. The old behavior was that whichever pane had focus was the one that jumped.

If I have two files open using horizontal tab groups, and use the local shortcuts to try to jump around, again, only the bottom one actually moves. What's more, if I choose a shortcut that is in the file shown on top, it won't jump at all -- because the file is already open in the top, I assume.

siread(Posted 2007) [#10]
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but I just installed over v8.17 and get this error on starting Blide:

"An exception 'System.InvalidOperationException' has occurred in Blide.exe."

Gonna reboot now...

No luck. It asks if I want to debug, but if I do it doesn't give any further info.

siread(Posted 2007) [#11]
Ah crap. Reverted to 8.17 and still getting the startup error. XP SP2 btw.

Edit:
Ok, panic over. I uninstalled (there were 2 versions in my Add Remove Programs list) and reinstalled. All is ok now. :D

siread(Posted 2007) [#12]
Ok, everything seems very nice, except I can't add additional media files to my project. I'm trying to add a simple txt file but get:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application... blah blah continue, quit etc"

"Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'LoadingProject'"

There are details if you need them.

I can continue ok, but the txt doc isn't added to the project. I then get the same error on restarting Blide.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#13]
@Ralph adn Siread: I'm fixing this issues for next update, that will come sooner that usual. The details of the exception can help me a lot to fix the issue, please send them to me by email.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#14]
Has anybody tested this release under the .net 3.0 framework? it should work but I haven't tested yet.

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#15]
I guess I have .net 3.0 installed on XP (or at least I have the option to remove it in my add/remove programs list). Runs fine, no errors.

I do feel this version has a bit more "lag" occasionally while typing than the previous one did. I'm sure it has to do with keyword searching/highlighting or whatever, but it is more noticeable for me than before.

Still, great job man.

d-bug(Posted 2007) [#16]
I've tested it with .NET 3.0! It's working well. For me it's running much faster then previous versions.

A little bug has occurred :
When enabling/disabling function-folding it crashes BLide. This happened only once, so I can't reproduce this issue.

One feature-request from me:
What about user defined function-folding? I don't like folding Ifs, Loops, Types, etc... I prefer only to fold Methods and Functions. Perhaps you can add som checkboxes to the options...

Picklesworth(Posted 2007) [#17]
I agree with d-bug.

I generally think loops or If statements with lots of commands inside of them are sloppy, but the folding encourages that sort of behaviour. On the other hand, I think functions should do exactly what is implied by their names (and nothing more), so folding those is good so they can be used as quick reference without their contents getting in the way.

It would be pretty great I could change the folding to suit my weird preferences :)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#18]
I will take a look to it ASAP, now I'm fixing a little bunch of bugs... :D nothing important, but it seems that everybody has been waiting for the official release to do the beta testing!!!

I will have an update soon. I've added some options in the preferences dialog, but 90% of changes are bugfixes.

@d-bug: Thanks for the info, so now Vista users doesn't have to download any .net framework... :D that's great!

siread(Posted 2007) [#19]
Blide is crashing completely when I try to use a null object. The debugger kicks in but then the whole thing crashes.

d-bug(Posted 2007) [#20]
Erm, ziggy, not exactly... ;)
I've tested it on XP with .NET 3.0. I own Vista, but it was the first thing to be kicked from my new PC, since all attempts to install BMax and MinGW didn't work. Even those tricks posted on this board didn't work for me.

cheers

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#21]
strange, I've never had any problems with MingW on my tablet which sadly is vista as well ... didn't even use the "tricks" here ... just copied my whole BM folder (which includes MingW 3.1 folder) over, put in the path and MingW again as under XP and thats it ...

ok my first step was as well to disable UAC. I prefer security over insecurity stealthed under a pile of problems.

d-bug(Posted 2007) [#22]
The UAC thingi was my first step too, but the only version of Vista, wich was distributed with my PC was a 64bit version of Home-Premium. But that isn't a story for this ziggy's thread.

cheers

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#23]
@Siread, does it happens always? Can you provide some source code? Is anybody else experincing this issue?

siread(Posted 2007) [#24]
I'll try to recreate the crash with some small source, but the problem is it's part of a very large project.

I've always had debugging problems when the entire list of globals and consts would be dumped to the console. I think this occurs in the official IDE so it's not a Blide thing, however version 8 never used to crash the IDE.

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#25]
This is really nice. The only things that bug me are when I open a project, about 5 screens flash on and off and it hurts my eyes. It also asks me to save the project when I exit, whether or not anything has been changed.

I'll keep in on my machine for now and see how I like using it.

Would it be possible to add GLSL .frag and .vert files to the open dialog?

I love the look of the GUI. I want my programs to use that style. What is this made with?

Stu_ovine(Posted 2007) [#26]
I too am experiencing ""Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'LoadingProject'" when loading a project file - Im finding that I have to Refresh teh Project each load.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#27]
@Leadwerks: GLSL, frag and vert files can be easily added to the open dialog if they use one of the existing parsers on BLIde (xml, html, blitzmax, assembler, python, javascript, j#, LUA, Visual Basic.net, C, C++) If not, I could add them using a standard TXT parser, wich ir currently missing in the standard parsers list (how could I miss this one!)

The GUI is made using GDI+ controls. Some of the controls are written by myself in C#, others are standard .net controls, and others are DivElements controls. All of them requiere the .net framework.

@Siread: Is there any crash information available? It shouldn't crash...

@OvineByDesing: A fix is planned in a couple of days or even sooner, with a lot of bugs and little issues fixed.

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#28]
I have been using it more now and I am starting to really like it. The startup stuff kind of bothers me...to many screens flashing on and off, but I really like the feel of the IDE. It makes me feel like a real programmer.

I want this GUI in my tools. If someone designed a GUI that used real windows that could be dragged outside the main one, and menus that could drop outside the main window, and it looked like this, AND it didn't interfere with my 3D graphics AND it worked on all platforms...I would pay big money for that. I've done some tests with fake parenting by moving windows in a callback, and it worked perfectly, so you could use that to make menu windows move with the parent.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#29]
@Leadwerks: You should take a look to wxwidgets. http://www.wxwidgets.org/ I haven't had a deep look on it, but I think it is very close to what you're looking for

Cartman(Posted 2007) [#30]
Hi Ziggy,

Another bug. I went into settings to turn off Show Mouse over indentifier help. Clicked Save. Then everything in Blide froze. Can't get the settings dialog to release control.

Also, when you mouse over a function and get the identifier info, can you make that dissapear if you move off of an item into white space? I'm finding it very annoying. It does change if you go to another item, but I wish it would jsut dissapear if I'm not over something.

Thanks Ziggy.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#31]
@Cartman: The bug of BLIde beein frozen is a z-order bug, there was a message box telling you that the changes you made could need a BLIde reboot. Sometimes this windows keeps below the modal preferences one, and BLIde seems frozen. It has been fixed for next release, if that happens again, just press SPACE or ENTER and everything will be working again.

You can disable this pop-ups on the preferences dialog, and I will improve they way they are working now, it is a little bit annoying to me too.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#32]
couple of bugs mate:

1) The inline help ballons- they always show whatevers under the mouse, even if you're typing- so if I type "Instr(" and my mouse pointer is out the way but over "Tnode", it will show the help for Tnode at the curser position.

Also, they pop up in front of everything so if i hover the mouse over a keyword then open firefox, i get that help text hovering over my firefox session! :O

Thats the two main bugs i'm getting at the mo. Nice work, this one seems much faster than the 8 series just with a few niggles at present.

siread(Posted 2007) [#33]
Re Blide crash. This seems to occur when there is a very large project loaded.

If I try the following as a single bmx file (no project)
Graphics 800,600

Global img:TImage = LoadImage("")

Repeat
	Cls
	DrawImage img, 0,0
	Flip
Until KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE)

It halts the program and starts the debugger.

However, if my project is loaded into Blide, this code (as a single bmx file, not part of the project) will crash the debugger to the desktop.

TaskMaster(Posted 2007) [#34]
Yes, I would like to see those bubbles go away when I am no longer hovering over what made it pop up. Very annoying.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#35]
@Taskmaster: The pop ups issue has been fixed for next release

@Siread: I've tested your example with the whole irrlitch project loaded (about 318 files loaded on BLIde), and the bug didn't reproduced. This is really weird, I'm sure I'm missing something. Is your project bigger than this one? how big is it?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#36]
Edit: This version is obsolete, please install verion 00.09.04 C from the BLIde website
There's an update available for all BLIde users:

# New utlity that fixes spaces, comas, etc in expressions to make your code more readable. By default it is enabled on the preferences dialog.

# New option to convert $, %, @, # to its data type name :String, :Int, :Float, etc. By default it is enabled on the prefences dialog.

# Improved parsing speed a little bit

# Fixed a focus issue when the caret was in the up section ot a splitted edit window and a 'jump' to definition was performed

# Fixed a focus issue when the caret was in the up section ot a splitted edit window and a local shortcut was selected

# Fixed some windows messages filter when the caret was being used in a split view of the editor

# Fixed some issues in the dedicated parser with the line continuation character ..

# Fixed some issues in the dedicated parser when there was a declaration of an abstract method or function in some very rare scenarios

# Fixed some parsing issues with function pointers containing function pointers as parameters

# Fixed some parsing issues with IF statements

# Fixed a bug when loading some projects (can not acces a disposed object)

# Fixed a bug when adding additional media files to projects

# Mouse over keywords info has now the spected delay, and hides the info when the mouse goes out of the keyword. Much more user friendly.

# Fixed a bug when a search was performed and the found text was under a parameter hint pop-up.

# Fixed a bug that was making the find and replace window be top most.

# Parameter hint pop-ups can now be disable from the prefences dialog

# General core engine update with some little fixes here and there

# Fixed a bug with the 'show tab guides' in the advances prefences dialog. This data was not being serialized properly.

# New integrated 'Add code template' pressing Ctrl+K from the editor widow.

# Big improvement on multilanguage support from the BLIde console. Now unicode stream is suported in standardinput and in standardoutput streams of the hosted process.

# Cut and Past shortcuts on the windows console now work as a regular console. When the hosted program is performing a input sentence, the paste shortcut works, otherwise only the copy shortcut is supported.

If you're updating from a BLIde version previous to 0.9.x, you have to uninstall any previous version or BLIde won't work.

Cartman(Posted 2007) [#37]
Well Done. Loads faster for me without any errors. Also, the code collapsing is working like a dream.

Raph(Posted 2007) [#38]
Excellent. :)

Minor thing, Ziggy, but I assume you know that it still launches you to the wrong webpage when it prompts you to update to a new version?

Big&(Posted 2007) [#39]
Nice work again Ziggy.

I have a small problem in that BLIde never remembers a lot of my settings. Such as the horizontal divider for the console and code area always starts in the middle of the screen. Also it never remembers the skin. I like the "smart coding" one but it always defaults to the "BLIde in my office". This is after uninstalling and deleting the BLIde directory and also running the configuration wizzard a few times.

The last version was fine.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#40]
@Big&: When changing from one BLIde version to another, you don't need to delete the folder, this way you'll keep your settings. If this serialization problem is happening all the time, please run the 'BLIde recover utility' as it seems that the layout serialization file is corrupted. IF that doesn't fix it, please let me know. By the way, to change the BLIde Skin, you don't need to run again all the configuration wizard, you can do it directly from the [Window] menu of the IDE.

@Raph: I know it, I have to change it. :D

siread(Posted 2007) [#41]
I don't get any startup errors, and I can add additional media files. :D

However, whilst I'm editing I keep seeing a loading bar flash up for like a split second. I don't even get a chance to read it properly, but I think it says Building Tree. Flickers every 5 seconds or so and is unbearable.

siread(Posted 2007) [#42]
Woah! What's with the automatic removal of tabbed space? I like to do...

Case 1 (tab,tab,tab) id = 100

But the tabs are getting erased.

Also as a preference, can it be set so that when a project loads the functions are folded, as in Blide 8?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#43]
Hi,
Nice speed increase.
Anyway, how can I stop BLide from deleteing my Tabs
Specificly, I often use a TAB after the Variable name in definitions, so
Global{Tab}Name{Tab}:Type{Tab}= Stuff
And Blide just deletes them

Edit: Ok its the Smart Text Decoder. What else am I loseing now that Ive turned if off

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#44]
@Siread & H&K:DONT PANIC!! Hey, you can disable it on the preferences dialog!!!!

# New utlity that fixes spaces, comas, etc in expressions to make your code more readable. By default it is enabled on the preferences dialog.

# New option to convert $, %, @, # to its data type name :String, :Int, :Float, etc. By default it is enabled on the prefences dialog.

This new features will arrange the code for you, if you are a disaster (like me) organizing things but, if you have a nice coding style (putting everything aligned with TABS etc.) you may disable this functions on the preferences dialog.
To disable this go to:
Preferences / Editor Tab
and then disable:
Use smart text converter for easier code reading
and:
Convert data types shortcuts to data types names

If you disable it, you will not lose any functionality, it is just there for people like me who tent to write expressions like:
drawPlayer(position[4].x-6^2+(sin(23)-5),graphicsheight()/2-sin(34)+5)

it converts it automativally to:
drawPlayer(position[4].x - 6 ^ 2 + (sin(23) - 5), GraphicsHeight() / 2 - Sin(34) + 5)

wich is much more readable and easy to debug IMHO. Visual Studio does the same conversion and now I can't live without it. :)

Amon(Posted 2007) [#45]
I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new one and Blide Plus won't accept my activation key.

I'm going to try and uninstall both and install them again. I'll let you know if it worked. :)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#46]
@Amon: if you deleted the folder, remember you have to place the blideplus.lib file in the blide installation folder. Remember there's no need to delete folders between installations. If you've lost the file, let me know it and I'll send it to you again.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#47]
Hi! I installed it again and it activated but only by using the "Activate BLide Plus License" button in the BLide IDE.

When I click on the shortcut for BLide Plus on my desktop it starts and states that it is not activated and takes me to the screen where I enter my serial key details. I enter the details but it refuses to activate.

As for deleting folders, I thought I had to. I won't do it for future versions. :)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#48]
@Amon: BLIde Professional Publisher needs an update to work with the new username and activation code. But you can publish directly from BLIde. In fact, BLIde doesn't need any more the professional publisher to be able to publish executables, as it has its own professional publisher integrated. A new stand alone version of the BLIde Professional Publisher is planned for tomorrow, just in case you preffer making your publishings directly from there. I'm sorry I didn't mention that before.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#49]
@Amon: New BLIde Professional Publisher version available (0.0.8). Now it is compatible with the new username and activation code available on BLIde 0.9.x. You can download it on the Blide Plus section of the BLIde website, or directly following this link:
http://www.blide.org/publisher-0-0-8.rar

If you have BLIde 0.9.x activated, this will be also activated.

Chalky(Posted 2007) [#50]
Hi ziggy. Just to concur with Big&: BLIde no longer remembers settings such as the horizontal divider since I upgraded to 9.0.4. I have run the 'BLIde recover utility' as you suggested but this made no difference.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#51]
@Chalky & Big&: A fix little update will be out ASAP. I think I've just found what was causing this issue. Fixing it right now.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#52]
EDIT: This patch is obsolete, please get version 00.09.04 C from the BLIde website
Done. a patch for this version is available, you can get it here: http://www.blide.org/download.htm

changelog:

Fixed a serialization issue that was causing stability problems on the BLIde layout
Improved some visual aspects to some BLIde skins
Fixed a bug in the BLIde console when there was a paste operation over a running program, and the clipboard was containing more than one line of text
Fixed a little bug in the smart text formater when a enclosed string was containing BlitzMax keywords with wrong case

It is a small download, you need to have version 00.09.04 installed to apply this patch (version 00.09.04 b)

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#53]
Ziggy- I'm all patched up with the latest version of BLIde, but I still am noticing "laggy" performance when typing (I posted a complaint about this above several days ago).

Here is a shot of my task manager, with spikes as high as 50% cpu usage when simply typing code! When I just move my mouse around the editor (not clicking anything, just doing circles) I can get a constant 30-50% CPU usage! When I stop typing or moving the mouse it flatlines, so it's not another process going on there. Any thoughts?

My system: WinXP, AMD64-FX60 CPU, 4GB RAM, .NET 3.0
All patched and up-to-date, latest video drivers, etc.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#54]
@Tachyon: Please, go to preferences, disable folding, and tell me if that reduces your CPU usage. A CPU usage of 50% while typing is very strange using BLIde, I would like to know what can be causing this to you.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#55]
Ziggy- the laggy performance is caused by the autocomplete lists scrolling- when they scroll you get visible lag and a CPU rise.

My only niggle with Blide now is that when our current app closes, it dumps like a minutes worth of stuff to the console (1 minute because blide takes that long to scroll through it...)

Then you get the error message, and only when you click OK does it grab debug info and hilight the line. This bit also takes a fair bit of time to do.

I do understand our project is rather large but perhaps the debug information can be retrieved at the same time as the error message? Or even maybe when the console is still being written to?

this is related to that "cannot debug because the progrem is no longer open" error- I no longer get that but i am still able to crash blide in the same way. (I get frustrated waiting for the console to finish being written to, the error to pop up, and the debug info to be grabbed, so I click the big end button. At this point if you succeed, blide crashes.

but the main cause is simply how long it takes for this information to get into blides windows. Ogre dumps a *lot* of information when its running and blide struggles to keep up with it.

Anyway, i hope this information helps. I will be purchasing Blide Plus on payday (monday!)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#56]
@Cygnus: The BLIde crash issue is still happening on the fixed 00.09.04 B version? I made some changes to BLIde to prevent this problem when debuging very big projects. You can try to decrease the console maximum lines display to improve this console performance. Anyway, It would be great to know if this console information is being sent throug standardoutput text stream or throug standard error text stream. They doesn't work in the same way under BLIde.

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#57]
@Ziggy: Turning off code folding does seem to help. CPU useage is lower and I don't see as noticeable lag as before.

I'm willing to bet that Cygnus is correct as well, as I notice some lag when the autocomplete scrolling occurs.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#58]
Ziggy- I'll find out. The lag in the console isnt because of how many lines its storing but the pure amount of information sent to it. Perhaps there will be a way to disable this completely if it cannot be solved and kept.

Ogre's a beast that suits its name- it dumps a *lot* of information. It's more than likely using the text stream as these are not errors but plain information about what it's doing, like opening scenes, texturing objects... etc. We can turn the log level down but this reduces useful output and is generally not a good solution.

The crash is still happening, but the error message does not show anymore (so instead of clicking 15 windows OK buttons, and then crashing, it just crashes now.)

Amon(Posted 2007) [#59]
Hi!. When I add this to my code "#Label", which I use in conjuction with RestoreData, it is chaned to "Float".

I use the label "#label" to let RestoreData know which defdata statements to load in to an array.

Is there a way to fix this?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#60]
I quite like the "change # to :float" thing, myself, but best to make it optional. I'll use it for a while because I mix the two (bad practice).

As Amon says, tis faulty. ;)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#61]
00.09.04 C patch avaliable.

First of all, I'm sorry for this collection of never ending updates. You can imagine how it is to change the internal core engine of an application like BLIde. It is not exactly a trivial task.

This patch fixes several issues with the debuger, fixes several issues with the layout serialization and fixes the label to :float automatic conversion.

This version also organizes a little bit more the menus on BLIde. There's no need to have kilometric options on every menu

This automatic conversion can be disabled in the prefences dialog of BLIde.

Let me know if you find any issue running it.

TaskMaster(Posted 2007) [#62]
Download link does not work on your page.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#63]
The server was updating, it is now available.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#64]
I updated to the latest patch and now BLide doesn't start.

I get a pop up error message which says "The Application Failed to initialize properly (0cx000007b)".

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#65]
@Amon: That's very strange, did you applied the patch over version 0.9.4 or 0.9.4 B ?

Amon(Posted 2007) [#66]
I applied the patch over 0.9.4 B.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#67]
@Amon; Ok, an acumulative update is on the website available for download.
Please follow this instructions:
1.- Download it, uninstall previous version
2.- Don't delete the folder (unless you want to set again all your settings and preferences)
3.-Install full 00.09.04 c full version.
4.- Let me know if that works for you.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#68]
Hi. That seems to have done the trick. It's now working fine. :)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#69]
@Amon: Glad to hear this. :D

H&K(Posted 2007) [#70]
HI,
Small request, can you make it so that if I hit the save Icon with a new file open, it lets me save it without haveing to put a space or the like in the listing?

(Ps When are we getting colour back for ?Debug and the like)

Derron(Posted 2007) [#71]
Another small request:

global SomeArray:int[5]
Select MyInt
  Case SomeArray[1]  print "1"
  Case SomeArray[2]  print "2"
  Case SomeArray[3]  print "3"
end Select

is transformed by your code ""beautifier":
global SomeArray:int[5]
Select MyInt
  Case SomeArray[1]print "1"
  Case SomeArray[2]print "2"
  Case SomeArray[3]print "3"
end Select

Think it looks "confusing"... same for "merging" multi-tabs into one whitespace

local myvar:int                 = 0
local mylongvarname:int  = 0

gets:
local myvar:int = 0
local mylongvarname:int  = 0

may be you should disable to merge "multi-tabs" into "one whitespace"...

but the rest of the beautifying works well ... and keeps my code looking equal in all parts.

bye
MB

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#72]
MichaelB: You can disable it in the prefences dialog. Anyway, I'll fix the [ ] spaceing thing.

Big&(Posted 2007) [#73]
Working well here Ziggy. Had almost a full day of coding and not come across any troubles. Excellent work.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#74]
@H&K:
can you make it so that if I hit the save Icon with a new file open, it lets me save it without haveing to put a space or the like in the listing?
What do you mean exactly? Unmodified documents are not saved by default, do you think I should mark the document as modified when it is created for the first time?
When are we getting colour back for ?Debug and the like
I'm working on a fix for this keywords, now you shohuld see them a standard reserved keywords. This will requiere a little update in the internal parser so I supose in a couple of versions it'll be back again exactly as it was on 0.8.x versions

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#75]
@Siread: Did this release 00.09.04 C fix the debug issues you were experiencing?

Jake L.(Posted 2007) [#76]
Hi Ziggy!

Couldn't you update your installer? Two issues:

-the default path "\programs\the factory.ws\blide" is something I can't understand or is that the name of a label or company you are associated with?
-I have to manually uninstall Blide before installing a new version. If I don't do that, I will get multiple Blide-Entries under <Windows>->SystemManager->Software. But maybe this is only an issue with my machine (Win XP SP2).

Blide is very very professional, but the installer isn't.

Thanks,
Jake

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#77]
@Jake L: The Factory.ws is the name of my studio, that's why it uses this folder.
The previous versions issue has been fixed, now the installer will force you to previously uninstall any previous version so it will not create duplicate-acumullative installs any more. I'm trying to find the way to tell the installer do this automatically, but I haven't had much luck with the WiX Toolset with this issue.

AlexO(Posted 2007) [#78]
Heya ziggy,
I just tried out the new version of blide and saw that it remembers the last files of a project that were opened/closed! That is awesome! Thanks for your hard work :).

One minor issue/suggestion:
- when opening a project file it would seem more professional if the IDE didn't 'open' all the project files as it loaded them, then close all the ones that are not supposed to be open when you start out. A simple 'loading' pop up or even just a delay as it did things in the background would be more pleasant than the constant flickering of the IDE for large projects.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#79]
@.Alex: I know it, and I hope I will be able to fix the flickering at some point. Next version will also remember the BLIde layout for every project (panels position, etc.)

H&K(Posted 2007) [#80]
Hi Ziggy,

Now Im sure this has been reported before, but Im equally sure you fixed it, but "Type" in Rem statments is still confusing the IDE

[code]Field At:int ' handle to Type whatever[code]
Self:Whatever

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#81]
@H&K: This bug is new, as "self" is processed by another "semantic parsing" routine. I'll fix it for next release.

As allways, thanks a lot!

Hotte(Posted 2007) [#82]
Hi Ziggy,
absolute fantastic IDE. Got a Blide-Plus License ;).
Are there any Plans to got more Features on the "C++ Side". f.e. Intellisence on Classes and so on, or something like an Panel for C++ Compiler Settings.
It would also be a great Feature, if we could choose a alternative Compiler like the MSVC++ 2003 or something like that. So we could use youre IDE in Projects where we need plain C++( but the MS-Version ;) ) instead of BMax.

But never the less a really great IDE.
PS : I found a Bug when importing a cpp File.
Sometimes the IDE hangs up if i try to combile.
Seems to happen, if there is a failure in the cpp.

mfg Chris

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#83]
@Hotte: Hi and welcome. There is a new SDK for BLIde in development, it is on a early alpha state, but it will provide a little script-like language to program custom parsers (so you can create your own intellisense, hilighting and whatever) and make BLIde work with external compilers and debugers. I hope to have this SDK ready before the end of 2007.

Now we're still working in some performance areas and making some improvements to the BLIde debuger and projectr management. I'll let you know when the SDK is ready.

It would be great if you can send me some cpp source code that makes blide freeze on compilation errors, so I can fix it properly. Are you using GCC compiler?

ah, and thanks for the possitive feedback!

Hotte(Posted 2007) [#84]
Hi Ziggy.
I will look for a "corrupt" cpp source to send it to you by the next days.I'm using MinGW-Compiler. When there is something wrong with my Source the IDE hangs and don't show the Error-Messages.If i combile the same project using MAX-IDE the Compiler doesn't Hangup.

To the SDK :
I think the Idea with such an SDK is really great. I think that the userbase of youre Editor will grow exponential then ;). So let me know if the SDK is ready.

mfg Chris

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#85]
The question is, does it hung at compile time or at runtime time, when using C++ code with the MinGW GCC compiler?

Hotte(Posted 2007) [#86]
@Ziggi :
It hung at compile-time.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#87]
Hi Ziggy,

I know this was rejected as a possibility in the old parser, but under the new system would it be possible for the Codecompletion to reconise Parameters inside methods and Functions?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#88]
@H&K: What do you mean exactly?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#89]
well you know that code completion thing, so (for example), if I had a Global GF_TheNumberOfBulletsOnScreenAtTheMoment

Then I can go GF_Ctrl Space, and the globals would popup and etc

Now I like to use fully decriptive names for my parameters so
Func[P_TheNewMaxiumSizeRequired etc]
So.. It would be nice if I could P_Crtl Space and it would give me the parameter list, or just complete the parameter name

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#90]
I see, good point. I'll take a look to it.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#91]
I guess this question is best aimed at the users rather than Ziggy.

Is there any reason now ( other than me being a big chicken ) to stick with the 0.8.x line of Blide and not upgrade to the 0.9.x line? Is there anything bad you get in 0.9.x you didn't get in 0.8.x or anything good you got in 0.8.x that you don't get in 0.9.x?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#92]
0.9.x Some tips:

* Using complete modules hilighting doesn't introduce any performance hit

* A new ultrafast mode available. This mode disables folding, but enables the edition of very big sourcecode files at nearly 0 CPU cost.

* BLIde now remembers all opened documents and cursor possitions when a project is re-loaded.

* New utlity that fixes spaces, comas, etc in expressions to make your code more readable. By default it is enabled on the preferences dialog.

* New option to convert $, %, @, # to its data type name :String, :Int, :Float, etc. By default it is enabled on the prefences dialog.

* Blide plus suported file formats: PHP, INI, Assembler, Python, J#, Javascript, VB Script, Html, Xml, C, C++, LUA etc.

Not real 'BIG' differences if your compuler was running 0.8.x fast. The real improvement will come in next version, with a very big change in the code analizer window.

Remember that if you decide to switch to 0.9.4 C version, you will have to uninstall previously any previous version of BLIde. Deleting installation folder is not necesary if you want to keep your settings.

One of the diferences is that the new version only allows 2 split views of the same document, as oposite to the 4 split views available on the 0.8.x versions.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#93]
The 0.8.x had better sysntax Colouring options, and font selection.
And if you already have a strong typing style the "New utlity that fixes spaces, comas, etc in expressions to make your code more readable" is a pain, but I think that defaults to off now.

I still prefered the Tab sizing in 0.7.x, but thats been gone for ages now. The split veiw thing isnt that important, cos my monator at least wasnt big enough for 4 anyway.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#94]
@H&K and Gabriel: Yes, the 0.8.x versions had a more complex renderer for text, it allowed gradient backgrounds and different text styles for different identifiers. That's gone with new version in benefit of speed text rendering.
And yes, if you have a strong typing style, the smart text formater is not a feature for you. It will depend on your coding style. In my case, I can't live without it...

PLEASE CONTINUE THIS THREAD HERE: http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=72389

AND IF SOMEBODY CAN LOCK IT