smooth toolbar icons ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/smooth toolbar icons ?

MrCredo(Posted 2007) [#1]
i'm XP user

blitzmax IDE have smooth toolbar icons...

i looked at the PNG file - and i see that the icons are designed for only one background color/theme and the icons have only a mask (0 alpha or full alpha) - that is not perfect...

but is here a way to create a toolbar with icons that have many subpixels with alpha?

a idea is to get the base toolbar-color and precalculate colors and then create a toolbar

Derron(Posted 2007) [#2]
I think the toolbar is a os-specific thing, as long as you speak of xp and below you can only have one mask color (no alphashading). The possibility you have is to draw the toolbar by yourself on the canvas - like ingame menus and so on.

Hm to you idea of precalculation: therefor you would have to read the colors set in the desktop-configuration (if no themes are enabled - because of missing solid color areas (textures, ramps...)) and then to precalculate the bordercolors.

With Linux in mind - i think they are capable of using alphachanelled icons.

bye
MB

MrCredo(Posted 2007) [#3]
hm... i found it out how to do this... i precalculate pixels with system color... the problem ist now, that i can't disable items... otherwise i ses only a grey block... alternative is to create many panels for each icon... hm...