Custom Cursors Problem

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Custom Cursors Problem

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,
This is with reference to the cursors module bah.ChangeCursor given by brucey. The cursor changed with the SetCursorPixmap remains so only for an instant and then reverts back to the arrow cursor. This happens when maxgui is not used .
Your help is appreciated.
Regards
Ramesh D

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#2]
Is there an alternative to HideMouse() and DrawImage() for showing the cursor ?. The project I am working in should be done without maxgui. If I can get a custom cursor function it would be very helpful.
I am thankful for your earlier contribution for changing the cursor in maxgui. Since our application includes a game. we are not using maxgui.

Regards,
D.Ramesh

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#3]
What is wrong with using Hidemouse and Drawimage?

gameshastra(Posted 2007) [#4]
HideMouse+DrawImage doesn't give you an async cursor.

--Lance

GfK(Posted 2007) [#5]
I'm confused - is your name Lance, Bjorn or D. Ramesh?

Are there three people using the same account?

big10p(Posted 2007) [#6]
Are there three people using the same account?
'Country: US, India, Sweden' would suggest so. Naughty! Naughty!

GfK(Posted 2007) [#7]
Yeah, that's pretty cheeky. You aren't supposed to buy Blitz and warez it among yourselves. :/

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#8]
I'm guessing this company http://www.gameshastra.com/ has bought BMax and a battery farm of programmers is using the one account to get help on BMax (and possibly updates, etc).

GfK(Posted 2007) [#9]
If its a company doing it, then that's infinitely worse. They should know better.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#10]
Is he actually doing this though (Sharing his account with people)?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#11]
Is he actually doing this though (Sharing his account with people)?
Well, his name varies between D Ramesh, Bjorn and Lance. What you reckon? Either three people are sharing a single account, or someone's having an identity crisis.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#12]
Maybe his name is Bjorn Lance D Ramesh. :)

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#13]
Unless, of course, they paid for a site license, which would probably have one forum account and permission to install the software on X machines.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#14]
Unless, of course, they paid for a site license, which would probably have one forum account and permission to install the software on X machines.

Didn't know BRL did site licenses.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#15]
Hmm... can a site licence span three continents?

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#16]
Didn't know BRL did site licenses.

I suspect they do any license you want if they like the deal and you do too.

Hmm... can a site licence span three continents?

What difference would it make to BRL? X licenses for one company = $Y, regardless of where the people using it are. You don't get a site license because of geography, you get one because you're buying multiple copies in one payment. Same as with educational licenses.

Picklesworth(Posted 2007) [#17]
Not to side with "evil" here, but it must be admitted that Blitz products generally lack any licensing information...

GfK(Posted 2007) [#18]
You don't get a site license because of geography
That's exactly what a site licence is - its a licence, for a site, hence the name. Unless its being argued that your 'site' is the entire western hemisphere...
You don't get a site license because of geography, you get one because you're buying multiple copies in one payment.
Therefore multiple copies should also mean multiple user accounts.
Not to side with "evil" here, but it must be admitted that Blitz products generally lack any licensing information...
Can't really argue with that.