BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Incbin when debug is off only

Curtastic(Posted 2007) [#1]
Right now I am doing this:

'Import "incbins.bmx" 'uncomment when debug is off

Global IncString:String="incbin::"
?debug
incstring=""
?

Notice that I have to uncomment the incbins when switching to release mode. Is this the best way to do it? What do people normally do to IncBin only when debug is off?

Its not a big deal since I rarely want to incbin, it just seemed odd what I am doing.

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#2]
Pretty much I'm afraid.

I generally don't worry about what I'm going to Incbin until the project is finished, or near finished, or when all the stuff I want to Incbin is finalised ... if that makes any sense!

GfK(Posted 2007) [#3]
This is how I do it (which is pretty much what you're already doing). The only drawback is that you can't conditionally include/exclude .bmx source at compile time, so you need to comment out the Include line. Although it isn't as elegant as a preset compiler directive, it works fine:
Global Debug:Byte = true 'or False
Global binPath:string = ""

Include "incbinDeclarations.bmx" 'comment this out if running in debug mode.

If Debug
  binPath = ""
Else
  binPath = "Incbin::"  
EndIf

LoadGraphics()

Function LoadGraphics()
  img = LoadImage(binpath+"image.png")
End Function

Curtastic(Posted 2007) [#4]

Pretty much I'm afraid.

I generally don't worry about what I'm going to Incbin until the project is finished, or near finished, or when all the stuff I want to Incbin is finalised ... if that makes any sense!

Ok that makes sense, I just like to send my WIP EXE's around to people who are interested in what I'm working on

@GfK
Ya thats what I was doing too until a lot of my files were changed to imports and then they didn't have access to my DEBUG const, so I think the only "variable" imports can share is ?debug. (apparently imports get recompiled when you toggle debug)