pub.freeprocess

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/pub.freeprocess

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have managed to start an external player with the freeprocess module. The player is started in a slave mode where it can recieve commands via STDIN, but I do not know how to do so using the freeprocess, but I am almost certain that it should be possible.

Do anyone have any examples of how to start and communicate with an external program using the pub.freeprocess module?

Blueapples(Posted 2007) [#2]
It should be process.pipe.WriteLine() but I am having trouble getting that to work.

MaxIDE itself has a somewhat harry example in the form of TOutputPanel (maxide.bmx, line 1709 or so). I am trying to pull that apart.

This thread has an example of reading data: http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67787

Blueapples(Posted 2007) [#3]
-

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#4]
I am having no luck with that either. I will take another look at that tomorrow, its way too late now and I got the get some sleep before work tomorrow. I am looking forward to hear if you discover anything useful.

Blueapples(Posted 2007) [#5]
Didn't get a chance to look at this yet. Should be able to tomorrow or maybe a bit tonight.

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#6]
I got it working with Mplayer. I had overlooked that I needed a line change at the end of the command.

Local pipe:TPipeStream
pipe=test.process.pipe
pipe.WriteLine( "pause"+Chr(10) )

I the above example, I have a process called "test", I then get the pipe from that process and writes a line to it. In this example the command "pause" with the added line change on the end.

So at least I can get on with my application, and I hope that it helps others as well.

Otus(Posted 2007) [#7]
So WriteLine doesn't add a line change? Weird.