Will try?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Will try?

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#1]
How do you think, it possible do game like Battlefield 1942 without multiplayer, with irrlicht wrapper? =)

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yes..... But it wont be as graphicly detailed as Battefield 1942 on a specific computer spec. You can get it as detailed, but it would need a better computer if you see what I mean

Also, as a one person project... could you model all the stuff that needs to be modled. And could you balance the levels etc

But basicly the engine can do all the things, just (sometimes) not as fast

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#3]
thnx, H&K.
>just (sometimes) not as fast
At what times? I mean, where Irrlicht no fast?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#4]
Its not fast compared to the optimised stuff they used for bf. Dont forget that irrlicht is a general 3d engine/solution.
This is normaly the case, a general solution available to the public is normaly not as fast as a specific one written for a specific design specification.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#5]
But Irrlicht is opensource, may be a can do some kind of optimization =)

H&K(Posted 2007) [#6]
There could be but a forty person team is going to have optimized for a sepcific task from drawing board, wereas Irrlicht and Bmac are optimised for general tasks.

For example, how many times have you optimisede Bmax to be a bit faster at something, at the expence of a bit less general?

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#7]
>For example, how many times have you optimisede Bmax to be a bit faster at something, at the expence of a bit less general?

Sometimes i finding a "slow" place of functions. I think, sometimes, if you can, off course, you can find place, where you can do optimisation. Just need to be prepared to do somethink, and it is all =)

Sorry, for poorest English

H&K(Posted 2007) [#8]
Ok Ill rePhrase it. You alone will never be able to make irrlicht produce the same effects and speed on a set spec machine, as a team of forty people can.
Its not a question of ability, its literaly a question on man hours

*(Posted 2007) [#9]
technically speaking he could create the game he wants just forty times the time taken :)

H&K(Posted 2007) [#10]
yep

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#11]
so before he has an alpha DX13 cards will be here and his modified irrlicht old coffee ^^

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#12]
You are crazy. =) I dont say about I CAN. I say i will try. ;)