No graphics

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/No graphics

wildboar(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have a game (windowed mode) that compiles and runs on my Dell WinXP box, and my Intel iMac with no problems (no platform specific code). However, when I send it to a friend with another Windows PC, all he gets is a white window. The game runs (you can hear it) but the graphics never appear. The window is the proper size but the drawing commands seem to fail. What would cause this?

Thanks,

Tylerbot(Posted 2007) [#2]
Have you tested it on any, similar computers? Without knowing more about your Windows box and your friend's, it's hard to say whether it's a problem in your code, or a problem with just his box.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#3]
It's likely to be a graphics driver problem.
Whatever driver you used to create your game (DX or OGL) try using the other one and see what happens.
Also check the graphics card and driver level your friend has. Make sure they have at least DX7 installed and a 3D graphics card.

wildboar(Posted 2007) [#4]
Three computers, that's it so far. It works on one Dell and one Mac. I use very 'generic' code... no special includes/imports/frameworks/external-calls, etc. All necessary files are inbin'd into the final version. It's just a space-invader-type game with my softball teams heads as aliens. Very simple, I just wrote it as a joke.

I don't know a lot of details about the third computer (he hasn't responded yet), which is why I asked the question here... to get a starting point on what to look at. I figured if it was a directx problem of some sort, the window wouldn't wave been created in the first place, but I'm not as experienced with Windows, so I may be off base with that assumption.

I sent him an OGL version right before I came here. I'll see how that goes.