WinBlitz3D wrapped BMX mod

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/WinBlitz3D wrapped BMX mod

Kev(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi Guys

Heres WinBlitz3D wrapped for use in BlitzMax, I havent done much testing with this and some parts might need a little modifcation.

if you dont know what WinBlitz3D is its a Windows API for Blitz3D, this module is wrapped using version 1.1

http://www.winblitz3d.co.uk/wb3d_mod.zip

*EDIT little update, fixed problems when returning strings from .dll call, see included example.

Enjoy!

Kev

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#2]
I have been using WinBlitz3d with blitz3d, it is the best gui lib for it imho (and the only native windows gui), but for blitzmax I guess people will stick to maxgui (if they have it). Anyhow thanks!

Kev(Posted 2007) [#3]
WB3D for bmx is a solution for users that dont have maxgui, i do have maxgui myself. the .dll required no modifcation and the bmx wrapper code took less than 30min to write.

so all in all worth it for thoses without maxgui :)

kev

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#4]
except if you want it in a cross platform flavour...

I have been testing a bit the module and it works as expected, very good, I can transfer my Blitz3d projects quite easily, thanks again.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#5]

except if you want it in a cross platform flavour...

it would be nice BUT i dont have the time to take this on.

kev

Filax(Posted 2007) [#6]
Any chance to get WinBlitz3D compatible with B3DSDK ?
Because maxgui is very bugged with B3DSK...

Kev(Posted 2007) [#7]
Hi

I dont own the SDK so im unable to do any testing.

when setting bbSetBlitz3DHWND(Hwnd) the hwnd pointer is a pointer to who window the sdk should be visable in?

in the example that comes with winblitz3d mod, i obtain the hwnd pointer to the blitzmax window using WB3D_FindBMXWindow() next i call WB3D_InitializeGUI()

so the question can the sdk not sit directly with the main blitzmax window? then winblitz3d gadgets also sit in the same window?

hwnd = WB3D_FindBMXWindow() 
bbSetBlitz3DHWND(hwnd)
WB3D_InitializeGUI(hwnd,0,0,400,400)

like i said im unable to do any testing here so im unsure even if events will be generated?

kev

Filax(Posted 2007) [#8]
I'll try :) thanks for reply :)

Kev(Posted 2007) [#9]
Good luck Filax, i would be intrested on how you get on.

kev

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#10]
hey kev, how do i go about installing this as a module? just recently bought b-max, and i'm not sure how to install modules, but i liked Winb3d from blitz3d so i must try it on bmax :D

Kev(Posted 2007) [#11]
Yahfree

copy kpoole.mod to your blitzmax module folder. theres an small example found in the folder.

kev

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#12]
ahh, its been working all along... i thought it would highlight the functions because i didnt see the functions high-lighted i thought that it didnt work. thanks