Cower.PCRE - Regular expression matching

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Cower.PCRE - Regular expression matching

N(Posted 2007) [#1]
The PCRE library is a set of functions that implement regular expression pattern matching using the same syntax and semantics as Perl 5. ... The PCRE library is free, even for building commercial software.

That's what PCRE is. If you don't know what regular expressions are, you can think of them as very flexible and advanced (but easy to use) string matching. It's something I've wanted in BlitzMax for a long time, and only today I decided that I'd actually bother to write a module to use PCRE.

If you do a lot of parsing and the like, you'll want this. Believe me, regular expressions make a world of difference when used properly. Most of the modules I write, I write special scripts to scan header files (most, not all.. some are just too messy and diverse in their layout), and of course the scripts use regular expressions to find what I'm looking for.

Honestly, I'm surprised Brucey didn't jump on this one already. ;)

DOWNLOAD

PCRE's website. Documentation can be found there in the form of manpages.

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#2]
Honestly, I'm surprised Brucey didn't jump on this one already. ;)

You mean like : http://brucey.net/programming/blitz/index.php#bahregex

I guess I just too busy making modules... or something...

N(Posted 2007) [#3]
If it ain't in your signature, it doesn't exist!

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#4]
and now?

:-p

N(Posted 2007) [#5]
Much better.

Winni(Posted 2007) [#6]
Noel, interesting page, that spifftastic.net:

"Where is justice in the world when this site steals admin’s original, copyrighted works?

Visit Domain Moving at Spifftastic to get the actual content of this post, or to ask for permission to redistribute that content.

Aliquam erat volutpat nonummy ac, urna. Nullam feugiat, sed nisl molestie sed nisl molestie nulla. Etiam egestas erat libero tristique tellus, sem.

Protect your WordPress content from theft with the AntiLeech plugin, written by Owen, and provided for free."

What's that all about?

N(Posted 2007) [#7]
Not sure why you'd be seeing that, considering AntiLeech is only supposed to prevent copying of the RSS feed by specific user agents and IP addresses.