ARM Support

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/ARM Support

N(Posted 2007) [#1]
Any chance of it? Specifically, support for handhelds such as Pocket PCs or the GP2X (source of my interest) would be great, as it would allow branching out into different areas of development that so far Blitz hasn't touched at all.

Of course, the issue is that hardware accelerated 2D would likely have to be ditched on platforms such as that. Especially in the case of the GP2X, 3D is often done via user implementations of OpenGL ES. So software 2D would be necessary to really make it work out right.

Cheers.

skidracer(Posted 2007) [#2]
Agreed. Sign up here.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#3]
Sounds like an idea, the more the merrier. Would be nice to get stuff working on ipods too.

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#4]
I agree. I just hope this thread doesnt get hijacked by those fools who kept asking for a GBA port.

daaan(Posted 2007) [#5]
I would love to have some of my blitzmax projects, simplified of course, on my gp2x. Let's make it happen people.

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#6]
Skidracer - how many people have to sign up before we can hear that there is something going on?

I am already signed up.

best
Roman

N(Posted 2007) [#7]
anawiki: As he says, there's no guarantee of anything. It's just a good way to hear things out and see how it goes. I'm sure if BRL supports ARM CPUs, we'll know sooner or later.

Until then, speculate!