irrlicht.mod: Unhandled Memory Exception Error

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/irrlicht.mod: Unhandled Memory Exception Error

Rozek(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello!

Sorry for the dumb question, but having installed the "irrlicht.mod" BlitzMAX wrapper for Irrlicht, I tried to run the associated examples...and failed.

01.helloworld.bmx runs fine
02.quake3map.bmx fails with "Unhandled Memroy Exception Error" independent of the driver I've chosen upon startup of the example.
It fails after having created the "OctTree SceneNode" (456 nodes, 10684 polys) - sometimes I recognize the frame of a window popping up and vanishing immediately. The same happens either in debug or in "normal" mode.

12.terrainrendering.bmx fails in the same manner (and other examples probably as well)

Does anybody have any idea?

Rozek(Posted 2007) [#2]
Ahh,

03.customscenenode runs again (1033 fps, even when using the software renderer????)
04.movement fails
05.userinterface runs fine after chosing the proper driver
06.2dgraphics fails after having (very briefly) shown soe graphics
07.collision crashes
08.specialfx as well

I've given up after these examples - they may probably give you some more information.

BTW: iB3D reports
Irrlicht Engine version 1.3
Microsoft Windows XP Personal Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Using renderer; OpenGL 1.3.4458 (to give you an example)
MOBILITY RADEON 9600 DDR x86/SSE2: ATI Technologies Inc.

(it's a Sony VAIO notebook)

gman(Posted 2007) [#3]
greetings Rozek. i will do my best to see if we can get you going.

1) have you updated your graphic driver to the latest version?

2) what version of BMAX are you running? have you syncmods lately?

3) have you ever tried Irrlicht before? if so, lets search your system for any instances of Irrlicht.dll and remove them. once that is done, move out the Irrlicht.dll from the distribution per the directions.

4) had you ever tried the mod before? was there a pre-existing irrlicht.mod folder? if so, lets completely delete the irrlicht.mod folder and recopy the one from the distribution.

5) have you tried the precompiled demos? if so what is the result?

it would also be interesting for you to download the stock Irrlicht distribution and try those precompiled examples as well.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/irrlicht/irrlicht-1.3.zip?download

6) did you rebuild the mod?

hopefully we can find what is causing your issues.

Rozek(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hello Garritt!

Thanks for the very quick response - let me try to answer your questions:

1) seems so, I just checked and did not find any more recent driver

2) BlitzMAX 1.24 with recent mods (syncing almost daily)

3) I never tried Irrlicht before and did not find any other Irrlicht.dll (nor any other version of the D3DX81ab.dll)

4) I did not try the Irrlicht module before

5) I completely overlooked the prcompiled examples before - and tried them now: SUCCESSFULLY! Because of that success, I did not try the original Irrlicht examples.

6) I just started "Build Modules..." and "Document Modules..." again - without any change (they are definitely up-to-date)

When comparing the precompiled examples with those I created myself from within BlitzMAX, the precompiled .exe files seem a buit larger than mine...