Rebuild modules...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Rebuild modules...

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#1]
Keep getting errors about Max_GUI not being found. thing is I havnt bought max gui, so why are some of the modules i have trying to import it..

I think it may be the winblitz module is it safe to just un comment them ?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
Are you trying to rebuild the ide as well?

As I di have MaxGui, I am only guessing, but some of the prebuilt third party mod have MaxGui call in them (I think), so I imagine that winblitz has bit that are not called.

However surly the simplest thing would be to make a copy of winblitz, then delete the offending lines and seeing

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#3]
I just moved out the modules that had those gui calls then built the rest and then just moved them back in again.

I only really wanted to build the new minib3d module but wasnt sure if you could build only one module.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#4]
Well I use Blide (Hi Ziggy), and since about eight updates ago, if you save a file in the mod folder, then compile, it compiles it as a Mod (in both Release and debug).

Obviously this is only a windows solution, but if you are using windows.....

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#5]
from the command prompt, "bmk makemods modfolder.modname" will compile a single module.

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#6]
In the IDE, a context-menu in the project tree (Skid!!!) for building a single module would be nice :-)

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#7]
If you're going to make it an in-IDE solution, it would be nice if you could just open the module's main .bmx and hit compile, as you can in Blide.