My module won't compile

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/My module won't compile

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#1]
I am making a module, has a number of methods. It was compiling fine until I used "Print" for the first time.

The code in question is:

Method PrintSelf()
		'Print to console details about this HLink
		If Printout=True
			Print "~nHLink object ------------------------------------"

Printout is a Global that is set outside of the custom type at start of the module, after the module info/definitions. I save this into my module folder and when I build modules it says "Identifier Print not found". I'm like, okay, Hello World was the first ever program I wrote with the print command, why is it not finding it? Is it not allowed in modules? I don't do any includes or imports or frameworks.

Why ????

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#2]
Sounds like you've specified a module framework which doesn't include standardio, where Print resides. You'll need to import it.

Import brl.standardio

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#3]
You have to import every single module you use in your own module. In this case: brl.standardio

Helios(Posted 2007) [#4]
Are you sure you have imported the module that Print is contained in? (standardio if I'm not mistaken).

Edit: To slow, you guys beat me to it.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#5]
or....
In your code youve spelt Print wrong.
hahahahahahahhahahahahah.(I was way to slow)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#6]
lol

Yeah, you are right, just never figured that I had to import all the modules explicitly in order to build a module. I thought it would just automatically include everything. Bummer, so I have to figure out all the modules that need to be imported.

Well, thanks.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#7]
Ask Framework Assistant :)
Will tell you what you need.