IDE - again.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/IDE - again.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#1]
want to revisit this topic to see if there is anything new and to recap what options are available to us at the moment.

Blitz Max able IDE's.

What we got ?

FlameDuck(Posted 2007) [#2]
HydraMAX.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#3]
BLIde
BlitzMax IDE (CE)

That's pretty much it, I think.

Only BLIde is still being developed. The Community Edition of BlitzMax IDE hasn't been updated in nearly a year.

assari(Posted 2007) [#4]
There's a list here http://www.blitzmax.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?cat=11 and a similar list here http://www.2dgamecreators.com/blitzmax/resources/

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#5]
There have been some minor tweaks to the CVS version of the CE IDE since the last "official" release, but nothing significant. We have been slowly working on a revamped version (maxide2 in the CVS) which will hopefully "soon" gain an improved tokeniser and custom code area (yes, including folding)...you're always welcome to download the latest source, but bear in mind it's a work in progress.

The problem with the CE IDE is that there aren't many people contributing, and those that are don't have that much time to spare (I know I don't), but I would like to thank dmaz, Byteemoz, and grable for their contributions.

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#6]
yay for folding ^_^

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#7]
I knew that would prompt a response. ;-) It's not actually integrated into the code yet, just a standalone test module, but it is (pretty much) my number one priority...

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#8]
I recommend BLIde. I finally gave up the default IDE and BLIde is what I went to. I'm loving it!

Blueapples(Posted 2007) [#9]
I would like to help out with maxide2. Where can I find the sources?

One big thing that continually bugs me in the current release is Ctrl+Left/Right. I depend on this to move around in code more quickly (it moves to the beginning on the previous or next word), but in BlitzIDE it switches document tabs. That should be Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+Shift+Tab. I looked at the source and while clean it isn't commented so I had a hard time tracking down where this would go.

I'm really into macro programming, so maybe I can work on a module that does that if there isn't one yet...

Blueapples(Posted 2007) [#10]
Sorry, I just noticed the link above to the SF page. I will check it out and play with it, see if I have some suggestions.

ksalomao(Posted 2007) [#11]
It will be great! thanks.
Blide is good too

RiK(Posted 2007) [#12]
Big thumbs up for the prospect of folding in the CE2 version...