Compilation problem...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Compilation problem...

Sunteam Software(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi all, been a while since I've been around. We've started working on a small project and have found a problem compiling in BlitzMax.

Originally the problem I had was that fullscreen mode was not working at all, every compile would go to windowed mode, with or without debug on.

As I have the latest available update downloaded I decided to run the in-IDE module updates... then it all went totally pear-shaped! Now everytime I try to compile I get the following error (regardless of code used):

===============================
Building QuizPCE
Compiling:QuizPCE.bmx
flat assembler version 1.66
4 passes, 5484 bytes.
Linking:QuizPCE.debug.exe
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/freeaudioaudio.mod/freeaudioaudio.debug.win32.x86.a(freeaudioaudio.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x54): undefined reference to `pub_directx_DirectSoundCreate'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/freeaudioaudio.mod/freeaudioaudio.debug.win32.x86.a(freeaudioaudio.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x6f8): undefined reference to `fa_FreeChannel'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/freeaudioaudio.mod/freeaudioaudio.debug.win32.x86.a(freeaudioaudio.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0xb31): undefined reference to `fa_ChannelPosition'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/freeaudioaudio.mod/freeaudioaudio.debug.win32.x86.a(freeaudioaudio.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0xd67): undefined reference to `pub_freeaudio_fa_Init'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/freeaudioaudio.mod/freeaudioaudio.debug.win32.x86.a(freeaudioaudio.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0xd92): undefined reference to `pub_freeaudio_fa_Init'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/freeaudioaudio.mod/freeaudioaudio.debug.win32.x86.a(freeaudioaudio.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0xdd9): undefined reference to `pub_freeaudio_fa_Init'
Build Error: Failed to link D:/Sunteam/BMax/QuizPCE/QuizPCE.debug.exe
Process complete
============================

I have tried uninstalling BMax, removing the directory completely... and then running a fresh install of the base + update installs to take me back to where I was before I started but I still get the above error.

I would appreciate some help :)

My system is: Vista Home Premium 64-bit running on Athlon 64 3500, 2Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra, Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS... all with up to date manufacture (WHQL approved) drivers.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Try turning off User Account Control, then Syncmods again. When I used Syncmods on Vista, it only downloaded a few mods before throwing an Unhandled Memory Exception. Because it had gone tits-up half way through Syncmods, it wouldn't compile anything. I got an error not unlike the one above.

Regarding the 'always running in windowed' problem - it doesn't work the same as Blitz3D.

Graphics 800,600 will always run in windowed mode, whether debug is on or off. To run in fullscreen, use Graphics 800,600,16 or Graphics 800,600,32

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#3]
Try a Rebuild All Modules. Should clear up any linking inconsistencies.

Sunteam Software(Posted 2007) [#4]
GfK - spot on with UAC control, ran it as admin and it updated fine. Also thanks for the tip on the graphics command worked a treat :)

Shame on me for being away for too long ;)