Crash and Reboot after quiting?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Crash and Reboot after quiting?

Amon(Posted 2007) [#1]
I'm using the latest Bmax, latest syncmods, WinXP PRO SP2, latest 100. Nividia 7950 GX2 graphics drivers, 4GB Ram - 3GB Useable.

I'm also using BLide as my IDE.

Using the code below whenever I exit the app by pressing escape, half the top corner of the screen goes black and then my PC Reboots.

I'm not a technician or an experianced coder so don't exactly know what is causing it.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
Are you fireing timer events in "ExampleTiming.bmx", I dont think that would nessesaraly do what you say, but without the include..... who can tell

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
There are no timer events in ExampleTiming. I can say for sure it wouldn't cause the PC to crash :-)

GfK(Posted 2007) [#4]
My laptop sometimes hangs when I exit GL apps.

Try running it under DX instead.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#5]
There are no timer events in ExampleTiming. I can say for sure it wouldn't cause the PC to crash :-)

Amon, if you take out the include and all the associated command does the problem still occur?
If so, you could post that code for people to try.

Amon(Posted 2007) [#6]
Amon, if you take out the include and all the associated command does the problem still occur?

I've removed the include and I still get a crash when exiting so it can't be the ExampleTiming. ExampleTiming is part of Greys Framework. It handles the fixedrate Logic.

I took GFK's advice and switched to DX and don't get any crashes so this is definately a driver issue.

I'll do some more tests and post my results.