game framework ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/game framework ?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#1]
is there any free game frameworks out there like alien's ?

@Alien, full credit to you m8 its a nice piece of work, and I would be more than happy to buy it but simply don't have the cash for it.

So any free versions ? or anyone working on a free version ?

Time strapped at the moment, so feel free to shove any information down my e-mail address Yavin{at}wightcablenorth.net - I dont get a lot of time to check for replies..

thanks in advance.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
Make your own.
Do as much as you can, then just ask questions. As long as you go forward every week, you will soon have one.

Infact if you just go back and read all of Greys post from last year you will probably learn how to make a framework. (hahahahahahah @ Grey ;)

daaan(Posted 2007) [#3]
It's not hard to do. Just make a bunch of generalized types and functions that you can use over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over so that you don't have to keep retyping the same code code code code code code code code code code code code code code code code code code code.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#4]
Here's my framework I've been writing over the past week. It's still a big WIP but it's free and I work on it daily.

http://www.freewebs.com/zamagames/ZGFrameworkv001.zip

I have much more than this but it's embedded in my Orbicus game. I'll be ripping it out and adding it to this for use in my future games.

daaan(Posted 2007) [#5]
@Chroma - The rocketier helmet is amazing.

Russell(Posted 2007) [#6]
What? I thought it was the fender from a '53 Buick! ;)

Russell

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thanks chroma, I will keep an eye on it.

As for coding one myself, I could but then that means spending time on that and not on making what I want, time for me is limited at the moment, kids, life etc. so haveing access to a nice framework to take a lot of the time wasting stuff out of the way would be so good.

Anyway thanks for the posts guys, and thanks chroma, I will keep an eye on it.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#8]
Then Buy Greys

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#9]
@ h&k

@Alien, full credit to you m8 its a nice piece of work, and I would be more than happy to buy it but simply don't have the cash for it.

I cant. or I would.

Scaremonger(Posted 2007) [#10]
You could always take a look at the 2DGameCreator framework in this tutorial. It's a good start from which to build upon...

www.2dgamecreators.com

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#11]
ZG Framework v002 is ready. Worked a lot on the sound system and put in delta time.

http://www.freewebs.com/zamagames/ZGFrameworkv002.zip

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#12]
corrupt zip file chroma

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#13]
Bah sorry...I'll have to fix it when I get home.

EDIT: I just downloaded and tested here at work. Everything seems to work fine, but I'll rezip and upload when I get home anyways for good measure.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#14]
I tried to make games in PureBasic, but too hard to make a "Framework" thing in PB as such thing is a pain for a procedural language.

I don't know if OOworks better but it did solves some problem and increase the code reusability.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#15]
Just re-uploaded v002.

http://www.freewebs.com/zamagames/ZGFrameworkv002.zip