New BLIde 0.8.14 is available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/New BLIde 0.8.14 is available

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#1]
Anew version of BLIde is available. for newcomers, BLIde is a windows IDE (integrated development environment) for BlitzMax. it is windows only, and built under the microsoft .net framework.

for more information visit http://www.blide.org

this is the changelog for this release:

* New Cache system with start-up speed increased x10

* New internal database structure, now integrates bbdoc help

* New speciffic psuedo-keyword "sumary"

* Fixed a focus bug on the speciffic Blide simple glow button control

* Fixed simple focus bug on Blide MessageBox

* Little improvement on parsing speed and CPU usage

* Searchable help on the help pannel

* Reorganization of some menus (more similar to visual studio .net 2005)

* BLIde console now uses a mono-space font, to make things look like a system console.

* Lexical parsing can be disabled per-file, if your computer is not BLIde capable.

* Expression evaluator is much faster than it was.

* Project loading time a little bit improved

* New: Added code to clear the outlining nodes when the Document.LexicalParsingEnabled property is set to false.

* Tweaked the OutliningNode.CollapseDescendants code and how it loops through child nodes.

* Fixed a bug where the line number margin wouldn't auto-expand for large line numbers in print views.

* Fixed a bug where end scopes with multiple patterns wouldn't serialize the patterns out to XML.

* Fixed a bug where using two BLIde instances to edit a Document in a certain rare scenario could throw and exception.

* Fixed a bug where in a certain scenario, the removal of a span indicator could throw an exception.

* Fixed a bug that was making Windows Vista handle wrong the control signature, spetially when vista was working on a internal LAN. The actipro software parser is now not Microsoft certified.

* Fixed a bug that was making the BLIdeEditorControl work slowly due to a old version of the dotfuscator applied.

* New: Added two new BLIde skins. One of them, called "Blue Jay Way 2007", has the closing button integrated on the TAB tittle bar, to emulate the functionality of Internet Explorer 7

* New: New default Layout called 'Minimalistic' that levaes just the menus, the local shortcuts (folded) and the editor window. anythying else is removed from screen.

* Fixed a bug when a single bmx file was build using the 'Build only' option that was making this file not to be saved on disk before being compiled.

* Improved menus readability

* Improved framework inspector, now it informs of bbdoc documentation, if available.

* Reduced a little bit the memory usage of the BLIde internal database

* New: Improved multi-thread loading time of BLIde plugins

* Fixed a Bug that was making BLIde crash, when pressing F3 (search next) and there was not a previous search

* Fixed a bug that was making BLIde perform in a strange way when there were more than one instance of BLIde, and the user was loading BMX files from the windows explorer

* New: Added BLide run time explorer binary. This library manages all the windows explorer loading of files, and sends appropiate messages to any existing instance of BLIde (if any).

* New: Added HDC cache system. Now all modules cache is stored in three single files (hlpdata.hdc, instantiable.hdc and minibd.hdc). This way all modules cache is now stored outside the modules folder, in a ultra clean way.

* Fixed xml syntax generator was not working well, now it has been removed and it is created programatically (faster and resource-free)

* New: Improved intellisense calculations in complex multiple inheritance members

* New; BLIde now informs in the parameter hint pop-up, and in the intellipromt member list info tips, of what every function, field, method or type does, if there's any available documentation.

* New: RealTime local shortcuts updating is now configurable, as it seems it swallows a little bit of CPU usage, and that can be causing some problems on ancient computers. A better solution is planned.

* New: Improved CPU usage of the Online Bug Analizer. Now informs of duplicate TYPE definitions, and uses a lot less CPU time.

* New: BLIde message window now is shown in the Windows taskbar.

* Improved big projects closing/saving all files and BLIde project file time

* Sync modules now informs if all modules currently installed and sincronized are up to date.

* Fixed: Mudule builder was causing a unhandled exception in some very rare scenarios

* Fixed: Module builder was not updating its button text after a full build.

Some features in depth.

1.- Disabling some features to reduce CPU usage on old computers running BLIde:

There are some little things you can do to improve BLIde performance if your computer is not BLIde capable. The first thing that you can do is disable the realtime updating of the local shortcuts tree. (in the local shortcuts panel). You can also disable the lexical and semantic parsing of any BLIde file. to do so, just rightclick on the code window you want to disable, and select the option 'disable parsing'. Doing so, you will also disable syntax hilighting and outlining, but you'll get a good performance. all intellisense system will work ok.

2.- The help and documentation integration on intellisense.

Now BLIde integrates bbdoc to its intellisense system.

(note the red arrow is pointing to where help is displayed)

Notice that this help is displayed on all module-releated functions, methods, types etc.

it can also be displayed for self created modules, if they're properly documented:

and finaly it can also be displayed for any function, method, type, FIELD, CONST and GLOBAL that you are using in your project.

In order to make it easier (not having to type Rem / bbdoc: / end rem) we have implemented a psudo keyword called sumary. This is how it works:

As you can see, as opposite to what happens with the default module documenter of BlitzMax, on BLIde, bbdoc appies also to fields, const and globals.

EDIT: I will fix the sumary typo. I know it would have to be suMMary. next version will catch sumary and summary (so you won't have to update your code if it is currently well documented.)

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
;)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#3]
Ah please, once the cache is created (that means,once you run this version for the second time), could you post what loading time you have? (you can see it on the BLIde console)

mine:
Welcome to BLIde
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Intelisense creation time: 00:00:00.3750000
Items handled by intellisense: 29.825

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#4]
WKD. :) nice work Ziggy!

H&K(Posted 2007) [#5]
Ok,
Old
Start-up time: 00:00:11.0156250
BLIde plus is not activated.
(But really 23 seconds to startup
New
Intelisense creation time: 00:00:00.6718750
Items handled by intellisense: 43,535
BLIde plus is not activated.
(But really 7sec to startup)
Yep lots faster.
Ps what is BLIde Plus?

Seems a lot more responcive even with nothing turned off, stutterd once on a lot delete, but for a lot shorter time than before.

Request: Can I have a bigger ReDo catche

Derron(Posted 2007) [#6]
Welcome to BLIde
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Intelisense creation time: 00:00:00.4218750
Items handled by intellisense: 25.953

└──► BLIde plus is not activated.

But still my "imports" are not listed in the 'project dependencies tree" - only includes are listed.

I don't know if its the way it has to go, but since I import some baseclasses which may be edited some times I would prefer to activate an option to get the import-files listed there too (in 0.8.13 not every import-file was missing in the dependencies-tree).

bye
MB

H&K(Posted 2007) [#7]
* Fixed a bug when a single bmx file was build using the 'Build only' option that was making this file not to be saved on disk before being compiled
This is still happening in mine ;(

Its good work anyway. (And its the BEST reason to BUY Bmax)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#8]
@MichaelB: mmmm, I think Blide is specting only one white space between the import statement and the filename. can this be the cause? (I've just noticed this and it will be improved for next release)

@H&K: BLIde plus is an addon for BLIde we're preparing (not yet available but it will be soon, that adds LUA and XML hilighting to BLIde, and build + upx integration. It will also let you use the BLIde professional publisher package. I will post more info on this as soon as it is released.

Please, can you tell me howyou're getting this not-saving thing? I think it is not happening to me so I think we may be doing it on different ways... ?

I'm glad to see it launches this faster :D

GfK(Posted 2007) [#9]
I got a bit confused on your news page. It says v0.8.4 is available, which obviously it isn't - its 0.8.14. :)

Bit busy just now but will download it and have a play later.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#10]
@gfk: Thanks, fixed :D

H&K(Posted 2007) [#11]
@Ziggy,

Well I loadin a single file delete a crutial line, and click on the Build Icon. And it builds it.
Then if I save and then click on the build Icon, it tells me the crutial line it missing

I think you have fixed it for Cntl F5, but not Icon click

As a quick test, loadin a single file. Build it. then ' out (remout) a couple of lines and buildit again. And it wont bother building it again, because the file on disk hasnt changed since last build.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#12]
Ok, I'll take a look for next release :D

GfK(Posted 2007) [#13]
Welcome to BLIde
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Intelisense creation time: 00:00:02.0629664
Items handled by intellisense: 30,077
Loads really fast, too. I can start editing in under 10 seconds now, instead of the 30-40 seconds it was taking before.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#14]
What are your system specs? 10 seconds is too much time, a full parser update is planned, to make BLIde work a lot faster, but not inmediatly.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#15]
P3 1.1GHz, 512mb RAM (16mb shared graphics), winXP SP2

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#16]
@Gfk: Thanks, there's a parser update planned for the forthcomig months, I will let you know it as soon as there is any available version. This new parser should work well on a PIII computer.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2007) [#17]
Woah, this is amazing. Nice and snappy to use.

Intelisense creation time: 00:00:00.1718750
Items handled by intellisense: 29,248

Starts up in about 2 seconds here, loads my 100+ file project in about 5. Nice list of bugfixes and changes too. Thanks for your awesome work!

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#18]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII love it!! Any plans on showing up all used variables, consts etc...? And I am especially keen on the LUA integration :) Will post my specs later.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#19]
Ok dont shout at me for this. Ive just spent 20mins on my nonconnected trying to get "Sumary" to work.

Errrm, its spelt Summary from summârius

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#20]
I know it... (see the edit on first post).

the keyword is sumary not summary (only one m). why this typo? well... it's a mistake. I will add the summary keyword for nexct release (sumary will continue working, as I don't want to rewrite a lot of source code). An update will be released in a couple of days or so with just a little addition.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#21]
really nice work! However,

when changing the current focused document, there seems to be a multiple second delay that was not there before.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#22]
Well Im glad I have given you extra work. But I am supprised you didnt use resumen (Which is the same in English as you think it means)

(Edit Bet you someone will say that in English its résumé)
(Edit Edit: Ive just looked, and apparently in US English it is résumé)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#23]
@H&K: Well I was thinking of Sumario, that is the same as Resumen :D hehehe, thanks anyway.

@Cygnus: If the documents you are switching to are on different folders, the Project File Explorer is updating all its contents when you switch. Please let me know if it is the case.

Derron(Posted 2007) [#24]

mmmm, I think Blide is specting only one white space between the import statement and the filename. can this be the cause? (I've just noticed this and it will be improved for next release)

that did it... just changed from two whitespaces to one... (why is import one char shorter than include ;D ... I just wanted to keep the source more readable).

bye
MB

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#25]

@Cygnus: If the documents you are switching to are on different folders, the Project File Explorer is updating all its contents when you switch. Please let me know if it is the case.

Quite possibly- and in fact, each of the times it happened last night, this was the case.Waiting going on 60 seconds to edit a file however is a bit anti-productive. What can I do to resolve this?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#26]
@Cygnus: To solve this? I'm afraid you will have to wait to next release...

@MichaelB: This has been fixed for the next release.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#27]

@Cygnus: To solve this? I'm afraid you will have to wait to next release...

[Darth Vader Parody]
NOOOOOOO*tcshhhhhh*OOOOOOOOO*tcshhhhhh*OOOOOOOooo*tcshhhhhh*ooooo.
[/Darth Vader Parody]

Hmmm! Well this sucks! :)

Thans Ziggy. I may revert to the old version if this bugs me too much- otherwise, The increased startup speed etc is well worth it. Good work.

Blide is infinitely more stable in this release when compared to 2-3 releases ago. Thanks!

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#28]
Cygnus, this works the same since version 0.6.0 so reverting will not solve it. Anyway, when working with projects, if everything in the project folder, you shouldn't experience this pauses.

Edit: How big were the files you were swritching to?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#29]
Ziggy, hmm. I do not get this problem with the old blide version.

the files I am switching to are small, IE my one line 250 byte code competition entries! They are not actually part of the current project.

It worked fine in 0.8.13b (or whichever it was :))

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#30]
@cygnus: Any additional information? Are them stored in huge folders, or something like that? Does BLIde displays anything when switching from one to another?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#31]
All other info:

>>I am not switching from project files to non-project files.

>>I am not switching to a file stored in huge folders.

>>I am switching to small files (though the size doesn't seem to be the cause)

>>During these switch (which is actually more like 15 seconds) blide is frozen in a half-updated state (sometimes it is a blank text area but everywhere else is updated)

>>It is definitely linked to certain files.

>>I could switch between most files fine but when switching to 250byte.bmx, the freeze occurs.

I shall send you one or two offending files later. Perhaps we can find a link? although what I do to the file seems to make no difference to the problem.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#32]
That's weird, please send my one of this files when you can.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#33]
Mods: Any chance we can have a BLIde stickythread?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#34]
I agree.

When you look at what the original and community editors can do, and then compare it to Blide. Then BMax starts to look like a real alternative to Express.
This deserves to be stickied.
(Or a whole thread board for all the ides)

kronholm(Posted 2007) [#35]
Is there a way to disable blide's debugging? I find it pretty annoying it always pops up and I have to click the red button to stop it.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#36]
You could not build in debug

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#37]
Disable BLIde debuging? Debuging is disabled untill your program makes a 'DebugStop' or a unhandles exceptino is thorwn.So to disable debuger, just, don't use the debuging options of BlitzMax. I mean, don't use DebugStop, and build your application with the debuging turned off, in the compiler options.

kronholm(Posted 2007) [#38]
No I need to see which lines I have errors on, it's fine that blide, like bmax ide jumps to the line the problem is on. However Blide goes into some crazy debug mode I really don't need, and to get out of it again I need to find the mouse and press the red round button to exit that mode. Just saying it would be nice to know how to disable that feature.

Tachyon(Posted 2007) [#39]
Any possibility BLIde could be made to use the "fixedsys" font? I'm sure very few people use it, but personally I can't use anything else. It gives you the fixed width of Courier but it's a heavier, easier-to-read font similar to a Macintosh font. (fixedsys seems to be a built-in system font, not a TrueType font that is part of the /fonts directory.)

It doesn't show up in BLIde's font list when setting preferences, but the font is available in the default IDE which is why I continue to use it.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#40]
@Tachyon: BLIde is only compatible with true type fonts, becouse all its drawing is done due a GDI+ rouine that needs TTF fonts, so the answer is not, you can't use fixedsys fonts.
Here you have a courier new alternative I'm currently using: http://img.dafont.com/download/?os=win&file=nu_sans_mono

@Kronholm: Press Ctrl+F8 when this debug is shown and it will close inmediatly.

kronholm(Posted 2007) [#41]
Thanks ziggy, I guess that's better than nothing :) But would still be cool if I could disable it from appearing completely. It's also annoying when it appears and opens up some of blitzmax's internal sourcecode and you have to close that file down again (e.g. set your resolution to 1000x800, fullscreen at 60fps and hit f5).

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#42]
Well, in that case disable Debugging. BLIde can't have a semi-debugging enabled, If there's debugging enabled, the debug window will be shown on demand, if not, it wont. BLIde can't show the debug information depending on if the bug is happening on the BlitzMax source code, in a module you may be writing, or in any other place.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#43]
Hmm, Ziggy... the folder the file is in doesn't make a difference, it IS however the root folder to all of my other blitz projects ("k:\program files\blitzmax\Games\") and there are about 25 other folders and 2 other BMX files.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#44]
@Cygnus: This shouldn't be a problem... Are you using the complete modules hilighting? mmm... it can be something releated to the parser, but it's curious I don't have any slow down using the file you sent me. Any idea?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#45]
Very good work, Ziggy.
After a long time I'm using Blide again (was settled a bit to linux) and it has improved amazingly.

One issue I have found and maybe added easily:
If you look to the codetree of your current project, then you have your Globals,Consts etc sorted and grouped. Maybe it is possible to group them within a type also. So you could expand and collapse the Types Fields,Methods and Functions.
Isuggest because it disturbs me when I'm searchin a method and I have to scroll all the way down through all the Fields etc.

Just a thought.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#46]
It's not very easy to do, as all the project tree updating is happening on a separated thread and optimized to make only changes to the tree when a specific file change its contents (you know how is it to mantain this updated on 300 files project, at realtime). An update is planed for this area, as the current use of a TreeView control, forces a lot of Marshall Invoke for the updates, wich uses a lot of CPU. I'm not sure how will this be optimized, but I'm planing something like creating my own Tree control, and this could be the moment to make changes to the Local shortcuts tree.

Raph(Posted 2007) [#47]
<edit> never mind, I am stupid and blind. ;)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#48]
Ziggy, my "complete module" option is turned off and it makes no difference by the way
the issue does not exist in the last blide version- what else changed?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#49]
There were several improvements in the lexical parser, and there were also some improvements in memory management.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#50]
Anybody else using this BLIde version can provide the intellisense time as described here:
Welcome to BLIde
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Intelisense creation time: 00:00:00.3750000
Items handled by intellisense: 29.825

This information is on the console window, when you just start BLIde, and the module cache is already created.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#51]
Hi Ziggy,

it seems I made a mistake.

The problem is when changing from other, larger files TO the above file.

EG Load up the win32MaxGUI source, and switch between that and the file I provided you with, and I get a rather long freeze.

Sorry about that, Misdiagnosed the original problem! :)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#52]
So the problem is when 'leaving' large files, instead of when entering small ones? first of all, let's test it that happens when they are in the same folder? Can you test if that happens to you when the 'realtime updating' of the local shortcuts is disabled?

Let me know it please. Anyway, we can continue this bug-solving by email, if you want

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#53]
Hi Ziggy,

Sure thing. But one last thing here (I don't have my system with me) Its when changing from the large files to the specific offending files (changing from Max2D source to the 250byte source crashes, BUT, I can change from max2D source to my main project instantly it seems.)

Anyway, you're right- we can troubleshoot this through email when I get home and access my Blide installation :) I'll try your suggestion and drop you an Email when I'm done.

Thanks!

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#54]
Cygnus, when you say 'crashes' you mean it oldes for a while, or it does a 'real' crash?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#55]
It freezes- not crashes. Blide hasn't actually crashed on me for the last couple of updates :)

Did you receive my emails?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#56]
I received just one emali with the little file causing this issue, but I haven't received any more.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#57]
It's OK, Thunderbird was being funny with me. :) I'll send another later today.

Beaker(Posted 2007) [#58]
Tachyon:
http://fixedsys.moviecorner.de/?p=download&l=1

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#59]
@Beaker: Is this ttf? looks interesting...

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#60]
I have a wireless network at home. My buddy and I both use Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2 and we're getting crashes when trying to load files off of each other's drives. The error is one of those non-fatal ones that sometimes allows you to click the "continue" button and keep working.

SpaceAce

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#61]
Can you provide more information about the error? I mean, the error details in the crash window... With this information, I could see how to get the error and fx it for next release.

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#62]
Sorry, I intended to post details but got sidetracked.

"Empty path name is not legal."
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Empty path name is not legal.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at BLIde.MainForm.LoadAFile(String& FileName, Boolean skip, Boolean QuickLoading)
at BLIde.MainForm.QuickLoadBmx(String file, Boolean ShowWin)
at BLIde.MainForm.Mnu2QuickOpenFile_CLick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BLIde.MainForm.ButtonItem14_Activate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at TD.SandBar.ToolbarItemBase.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.ButtonItemBase.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.ButtonItem.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnItemRelease(ToolbarItemBase item, Point position)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BLIde
Assembly Version: 9.0.8.14
Win32 Version: 9.0.8.14
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/The%20Factory.ws/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/BLIde.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
SandBar
Assembly Version: 1.4.0.1
Win32 Version: 1.4.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/The%20Factory.ws/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/SandBar.DLL
SandDock
Assembly Version: 2.4.0.1
Win32 Version: 2.4.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/The%20Factory.ws/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/SandDock.DLL
Navisight
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/The%20Factory.ws/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/Navisight.DLL
ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Net20
Assembly Version: 4.0.246.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.246.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/The%20Factory.ws/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Net20.DLL
ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.Net20
Assembly Version: 1.0.89.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.89.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/The%20Factory.ws/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.Net20.DLL
ActiproSoftware.Shared.Net20
Assembly Version: 1.0.89.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.89.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/The%20Factory.ws/BLIde%20for%20BlitzMax/ActiproSoftware.Shared.Net20.DLL
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

This happens whenever I try to load any file of any type from another computer on the network. Sometimes the dialog offers me both "Continue" and "Quit", sometimes I get only "Continue". I don't have examples of both right now.

SpaceAce

kronholm(Posted 2007) [#63]
Been using blide for 5 days now and must say it kicks ass.

Small "bug": In search/replace window you cannot use alt+f to find (I'm used to using alt+f for find and alt+r for quick replacement. When there's hits I wish to skip I just hit alt+f). It's also highlighted as _F_ind, so guess it should work? Anyway, when you press alt+f, it opens up the File menu.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#64]
hehe, I'm also getting "File not found. Do you want to search for it?" messages in Blide. I click search and the file is right there.... :) Might be linked to the network issue Ziggy. :)

I've still not had chance to email you again, but i'll do that ASAP.

Kronholm;

You're supposed to use CTRL. ALT brings up the menu shortcuts and ALT+F is supposed to bring up the file menu :) It's been that way since Windows was born!

kronholm(Posted 2007) [#65]
I think I know to use shortcuts Cygnus. It's ALT, not CTRL.

(hits alt+p to post this message)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#66]
'Old on, Gimme a sec, I can't find my handbag!

Anyway, I see what you mean, but for me in an IDE, CTRL+F is find, CTRL+R is replace and CTRL+P brings up the print dialogue- and I just checked to see if I was going mad by opening Notepad. :)

...What about pressing ALT, then pressing E then F? :P

Anyway, I was trying to help- no need to respond like that.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#67]
@SpaceAce: I don't have a lan to test this, so I'm not sure how to fix it. I've added a 'avaiability' check just before a file is opened, to prevent the crash. hope it will be enought.

@Kronholm: Thanks for you possitive feedback. The shortcuts you mention on BLIde are Ctrl, using Alt would be conflictive with the File menu on the search shortcut. I know some editors use the Alt instead of Ctrl. Changing this in current BLIde state is not as easy as it seems, so it will keep as Ctrl. I would love to make customizable shortcuts, but this won't be done in a near future.

@Cygnus: The file not found issue can be addressed if you store the blide project file in the same folder as your main bmx files. In that case, if the file is not in its original folder, it will first check if it is on the same folder as the BLIde file, and the 'find file' dialog won't show.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#68]
When the class member popup appears, why do I have to press twice to get the first item?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#69]
@H&K: Item selection is calculated with the letters you type. First item is not selected untill you press a its first letter. That has to be this way (matching and not matching items is selecting and unselecting from the list). If it is not done this way, it is impossible to enter something that is not in the pop up list. There may be a better solution, but this was the easiest and moset effective way to perform member lists selection.

kronholm(Posted 2007) [#70]
@Cygnus, I wasn't trying to come out mean, sorry if it looked that way. Yes shortcuts are ctrl+f, but once you're in the search/replace dialogue, it's alt+f to press the button. Alt+s to search and so on.

@Ziggy, I guess I wasn't clear :) Once you hit ctrl+f you get the search/replace dialog, that works fine. But to now search and replace, you type something, then hit alt+f for find next and alt r to replace. That's what the underlined letters are for, to let you know what alt shortcuts are available. I was just saying you can't press alt+f because it brings up the file menu, as if the search/replace box doesn't have focus. Alt+r works fine though. But like I said it's a minor thing, was just wondering if it could be fixed :)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#71]
Ok! I'll take a look... :D Thanks

kronholm(Posted 2007) [#72]
How can I prevent blide from recognizing certains words that bmax ide doesn't? For instance words such as 'state', 'update', 'draw' 'create' get automatically highlighted and turned to 'State', 'Update', 'Draw', 'Create'. Quite annoying really :)

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#73]
kronholm: Be sure not to have activated the 'full modules hilighting' in the BLIde preferences. If it enabled, disable it. Any other keyword hilighted is defined in the BlizMax keywords file, so it shoud be also hilited on the official IDE.

kronholm(Posted 2007) [#74]
Ahh yes that seemed to do it, thanks Ziggy :)

Couple more nitpick things..

Is it possible to have editor select the entire line of code when it finds a debug error?

Is it possible to disable the highlighting that occurs when you put cursor next to a ( or a )? Where it highlights the start and end of the brackets?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#75]
To the entire line, it is not possible, as it hilites the sentence that is causing the bug, and sometimes there can be more than one statements on a line, as instance:

Local A:Tlist
Local a:TList
If a.Count() = 0 Then a.AddLast("Hello")

In this example, the IF statement is selected, as the error is on the if statement. But on this example:
Local a:TList
If 0 = 0 Then a.AddLast("Hello")

the error is placed on a.addlast as the error is not in the If statement, but in the use of a not instantiated class (in this case, a)

to the bracket halighting, it nos customizable now, but I could make it customizable for a next release.