File packer

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/File packer

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2007) [#1]
I need to pack & encrypt some data into an external file. Searching the forums, M Packer seems to be the only free option available (other than using zip, which I'd prefer not use). However, the link to download M Packer no longer works.

Does anybody have a copy of it they could either send me (info(at)kudosgames.com) or make available for download? M Packer is free so I'm assuming it is ok to do this.

Does anyone know of any other alternatives?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Molebox, but its not free.

Worth the price, though.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#3]
BBCruncher?
http://home.arcor.de/al90/eng/rechts.htm#cruncher

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks, but I don't think that one works with Max. I've decided to have a go at doing my own now anyway :-)

popcade(Posted 2007) [#5]
Actually... BBCruncher comes with BlitzMax routines(actually, it's the cruncher/decruncher source), so please check before reply.
(What you need to do is just remove FlushMem command from source, and it's compatible with current version of BMax).

And I use incbin for most resource, please note MPacker isn't updated to the 1.2x version of BMax, so it doesn't work on current version of BMax.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2007) [#6]
Ah, thanks for that - I've had a quick look but the german is making my brain hurt right now ;-)

I have done my own basic file packer (no encryption or compression yet though) but one problem I have found is that it doesn't work with LoadImageFont - it seems that LoadImageFont does not like loading from a Stream (possible bug?) - does BBCruuncher suffer from this problem as well?

BTW, I'm actually doing this to replace some incbins since I can't use incbin in this instance.