anyone got a copy of maxmod

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/anyone got a copy of maxmod

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#1]
redime.co.uk has been down at least a few days now, does anyone have a copy maxmod ?

or is there a new web address for it?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
I have it here but I don't like spreading stuff about - maybe the site's gone down for a reason... I'll give REDi a chance to reply first.

bursar(Posted 2007) [#3]
I kind of have a need for this too. Anyone know if the site has moved or if the download is mirrored anywhere?

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#4]
I emailed him but his email is down too, I know he his frequently busy with work, lets hope this doesn't effect his health at any rate I hope hes doin well...

I have an old version kicking round from when I lent a hand with portaudio, if we hear nothing from him I guess I can dust it off and tidy it up if people need it.

popcade(Posted 2007) [#5]
http://bugdie.org/_tmp/maxmod_1.16c.zip

I kept the 1.16a/b/c, 1.16c should be the fixed version, it seems it's just the server is temporary down, should be OK when it's back.

bursar(Posted 2007) [#6]
That's excellent, thanks a lot :)

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#7]
thx yoko

bursar(Posted 2007) [#8]
OK, this is probably a really daft question, but how do I use it? I've extracted it into the Blitx mod directory, and I've added the directory as a Project.

When I open "examples\stream test.bmx", it tells me: Can't find interface for module 'redi.maxmod'

Do I need to do some other config tweaks before I can use it?

popcade(Posted 2007) [#9]
usage:

Create a folder placed as <BlitzMaxDir>\mod\redi

copy the directory "maxmod.mod" to the above dir.

Now it should look like this
<BlitzMaxDir>\mod\redi\maxmod

try to open the example, that should work now.

bursar(Posted 2007) [#10]
I'm still getting the same error :( I've tried:

<blitz>\mod\redi\maxmod.mod
<blitz>\mod\redi\maxmod
<blitz>\mod\REDi\MaxMod.mod
<blitz>\mod\REDi\MaxMod

I've tried taking the files out of the maxmod.mod directory and putting them straight into redi and still no joy.

There's probably something really obvious that I'm not seeing, but as a new user of Blitz I'm just not sure where to look.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#11]
What exactly does maxmod do?

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#12]
you need it in <blitz>/mod/redi.mod/maxmod.mod

stream doesnt seem to work here (in linux) is it a windows only sound thing?

@chroma maxmod plays amiga tracker mods (sequences of audio samples)

btw does anyone know if Redi is okay?

popcade(Posted 2007) [#13]
Ah, please use Chris's directory structure, I'm too hurry to have time check this, you do need the .mod extension to work out.

And streaming don't work on Linux yet last I heard of it, but not sure if added.

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#14]
And streaming don't work on Linux yet last I heard of it, but not sure if added.

What with all the work on the windows only sound system and win32maxgui you have to wonder if cross platform support is important to BRL....

bursar(Posted 2007) [#15]
That's excellent, I've got it running, and by extension also have SID Stream running which was the main reason for wanting it.

Thanks again.