TextField Return Fix (Win32) - Updated

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/TextField Return Fix (Win32) - Updated

Snarty(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, we all know the bug with the TextField not accepting the return key even when Filtered. And, the fix previously posted was correct.. except for the fact that when you hit return the system would beep annoyingly at you.

Ok, so here's the modified line in Win32TextField.cpp, again on Line 17
int wstyle=WS_CHILD|WS_TABSTOP|ES_AUTOHSCROLL|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|ES_MULTILINE;

Notice the omission of ES_WANTRETURN, this was the culprit of the alert notification. So, overall you only need to add the ES_MULTILINE flag to generate a silent 13 which can be captured with SetGadgetFilter in the usual way.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#2]
Thanks Snarty. I hope this gets picked up and used officially, because I can't compile Win32MaxGUI myself.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#3]
This might stand more chance of getting officially adopted if posted in module tweaks. Also, behaviour needs to be consistent on other platforms too - didn't see original post so not sure if this brings it in line, or makes it different.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#4]
Also, behaviour needs to be consistent on other platforms too - didn't see original post so not sure if this brings it in line, or makes it different.

Well sure, if we're talking about actual different behaviours on multiple platforms, but fixing something that's broken shouldn't be delayed/ignored just because only one platform has been fixed.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#5]
I'd agree. But x-platform solutions seem to stand better chance of getting in.