How can I render to a texture in BlitzMax v1.24?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/How can I render to a texture in BlitzMax v1.24?

SofaKng(Posted 2007) [#1]
How can I render to a texture in BlitzMax v1.24?

I've tried using Indiepath's Render-To-Texture module but it doesn't work in BlitzMax v1.24.

Are any alternatives available?

The reason I'm looking for this is that I want to create destructible 2D terrain by modifying an image over and over (eg. creating holes, etc, etc).

I'm not sure this is the best method to do it but it's the only way I really know how.

Thanks for your help!

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
Isnt there like 4 or 5 different code samples for this in the code sample section?
If not, then I dont know what you mean.

SofaKng(Posted 2007) [#3]
If there are any in the code samples, I can't find them :(

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#4]
As said in your other thread, you have to get below the hood and write your own OpenGL or DirectX code if you want to do this.

H&K(Posted 2007) [#5]
But luckerly you have indiepaths, which you know at least nearly works.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#6]
You *might* be able to do it with this but I haven't looked at the code for a while and can't say how quick it will be.
<edit> Alternatively try using writepixel. It's a lot quicker than B3D so might be quick enough.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#7]
Indiepaths does not work even nearly under 1.24 as several needed access functions do not even exist anymore at least on the DX end. Only changing the 3 device things mentioned normally is not enough, he used "under the hood functions" that do not exist anymore.

RiK(Posted 2007) [#8]
Wonder if we asked really nicely Indiepaths mod might get ressurected?

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2007) [#9]
*might*

RiK(Posted 2007) [#10]
Aww go on...

Pretty please with sprinkles on...

SofaKng(Posted 2007) [#11]
Hey IndiePath... did you think about recoding this mod at all? :)

RiK(Posted 2007) [#12]
I'm not worried about DX at all as I'm mac based so I've no problem with removing all the DX stuff altogether!