BLIde 0.8.11 update available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde 0.8.11 update available

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#1]
for newcomers, BLIde is a IDE (Integrated development environment) for BlitzMax, developend under the microsoft .net framework 2.0 (so windows only).

The is a fix version, you need 0.8.10 installed to aply this update.

changelog:
* Fixed a bug when loading twice a file that was not parsed by the BLIde engine. That could cause a BLIde crash
* Improved real time parsing speed
* A sub-set of the hilighting definition is now inherited on plain txt files
* Some little memory leaks and speed optimizations.
* Some improvements to the template system.
let me know if it works well.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#2]
Awesome! Grabbing now :) I see a couple of things there from my email, super-awesome :D cheers dude!

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#3]
Cheers Ziggy, I've just downloaded and patched it now... Will let you know if I find any problems...

SpaceAce(Posted 2007) [#4]
ziggy - I'd really like BLIde to restore ALL the files I had open the last time I closed it. Right now, it only restores the main project file. I often have many tabs open, some of which contain files that are not in the current project, and it's a hassle to re-open them every time I start BLIde.

Any chance of getting that on the ToDo list?

SpaceAce

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#5]
@SpaceAce, yes I'm with you, something I miss, too.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#6]
@SpaceAce: Yes, that will be done. It was there in older versions of BLIde, but with the last major engine change, this functionality was lost. I will restore it. I think it should be very easy.

Sin of Nature(Posted 2007) [#7]
Great stuff Ziggy! Thanks for the fix.

Sin

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#8]
Would it be possible to tweak the autocomplete/intellisense so that it's more intelligent with creating new type instances.

For example :

Local A:MyExcruciatinglyLongTypeName=New 

At this point, there's a high probability that I'm going to type MyExcrutiatinglyLongTypeName ( although there are cases where I might not, of course, because of inheritance ) so could Blide highlight the type I just declared for this variable at this point? If I type something else, it can jump away again, but surely it might as well default to the type in the declaration? I'm pretty sure Visual Studio does this.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#9]
I'll take a look...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#10]
I've had no issues with this update, Hurrah!

caff_(Posted 2007) [#11]
Nice - I just discovered this nice IDE

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#12]
You're welcome!