Has anyone else had any fullcreen slowdown issues?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Has anyone else had any fullcreen slowdown issues?

sswift(Posted 2007) [#1]
I had another Blitz user test my game recently, and we found that the latest version of Blitzmax runs just fine in windowerd mode on his system, but neither the DX or OpenGL drivers run properly when in fullscreen. The screen is redrawn more slowly than usual. He is apparently running his system at 120hz refresh in 800x600, but this has not been an issue before.

It just occured to me that since the last version I removed the flip fix for buffered directX drawing, but I did that because Mark said that he got rid of buffered DirectX support. So that fix should no longer be needed. I guess I will have him try it with the flip fix back in place and see if that corrects the issue.

On the other hand... That issue wouldn't also affect OpenGL. So it must be something else causing this in the latest version.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#2]
No problem at all here. I have about 2 times the FPS of windowed in fullscreen (has to do with ObjectDock and Samurize).

But that in the end does not make much of a diff, 360 vs 700 on 60hz screen does not mean much :)

But on your problem: What kind of graphic card does he have?
I ask because it would be possible that the window mode runs in 16bit, while the fullscreen goes to 32bit (older hardware did not support 3D 32bit windowed mode) which results in the difference you are seeing.

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
not noticed any yet...