Almost have BVM working on BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Almost have BVM working on BlitzMax

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#1]
I modified the BVM setup code to work in BlitzMax. This is a modified version of the source code files that come with the free trial version:
http://www.leadwerks.com/post/BVMMax.zip

Just place BlitzVirtualMachine.dll in the same directory.

I'm dead tired, and a few functions still need to be modified to handle strings to and from the dll correctly. The technique for this is on here somewhere, I do it all the time. I figured maybe someone else who is interested in this can work on it while I sleep.

As far as I can tell, once the string-handling is fixed, my example should work perfectly.

Koriolis(Posted 2007) [#2]
Just a quick reminder that this will not be officially supported by me, as BVM 2 already runs under BlitzMax on the 3 platforms.
Halo, I can feel the pain for you, for hand tweaking all the generated code and main include file. And I thought BVM integration was not trivial enough yet ^^ ... (tips: it was improved)

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#3]
I emailed you. Do you have a beta I can start using?

Koriolis(Posted 2007) [#4]
Sorry for the long delay, I am *very* busy these days. I should have the time to pack a new build tonight, stay tuned.

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#5]
Hmm currently BVM is what I would need to switch definitively from Blitz3D to Blitzmax, any news on BVM2??

Koriolis(Posted 2007) [#6]
I'd better not pimp too much about BVM2. I don't want to make any public promise any more until the semi-open beta is ready.
If I do promise a date of release it could come back and bite me. If you want some information right now please contact me directly.