Weird Null Object Error in Max2d

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Weird Null Object Error in Max2d

H&K(Posted 2006) [#1]
This is probably going to be one of those, "Well I cannot reproduce it" problems.

Every now and then on a build, I get a Null object error on setOrigin. (Its probably on setorigin because its the first graphics command)
Then if I rebuild the project, (or if I just re-run the project), I dont get the error.

The program is using a window/canvas which is definatly being created before anycalls to it. (Rather I am definatly telling it to be created before anycalls to it)

What I think the problem is, is that the creation of the canvas is being "Queued" and somtimes it is created before calls to it, and sometimes not.

I dont expect a patch solution from you, as I am being very vauge about the problem. But any hints on what it might be that I am doing that would make this happen or how to stop it, would be appreachiated.

Obviously the insertion of a delay somewhere would help, but Im using one of those Mono/self creation types (Where the creation code is in global Fields), and there isnt a place to put a delay

(If you think this should be in Programming, then please move it)

marksibly(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi,

Moved to programing until you can come up with some sample code!