Syncmodded and now can't build modules....

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Syncmodded and now can't build modules....

Amon(Posted 2006) [#1]
I can't build modules or run anything after I did a syncmod. I did it just now when I noticed that Gabriels TV3D wouldn't build. I removed all other mods from my mod folder and left just the Blitz ones but I still get the error.

I'm wondering if anybody knows what could be causing this. I didn't post it in Bug Reports because I was faffing about installing XNA and C# Express and have a feeling I may have messed something up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#2]
You haven't installed a different version of MinGW in order to try to get my module compiling, have you? My module needs a version of MinGW which stops some BRL mods from building ( it's the price I have to pay, sadly ) but I don't think it's ever given me that error.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#3]
Nope, I'm using the one linked here http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=53442 .

That's the one I've always used.

When I try and run a TV3D project it crashes to the desktop or stays stuck building. It does this when using BLide but when I use the standard MaxIDE I get the following output:

Building 01 - A Simple Window
Compiling:01 - A Simple Window.bmx
Compile Error: Unable to open file 'C:/Applications/Coding Apps/BRL/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_classes.i'
Build Error: failed to compile D:/Development/Projects/kamikazekrow/Truevision3D/01 - A Simple Window.bmx
Process complete

Also, I tried deleting everything in my BlitzMax mod folder and syncmodding and pub.mod is now gone and it seems to have downloaded less. :/

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ouch! I dunno about the error building a TV3D Project. I don't even import brl.blitz for the module. I only import brl.math and brl.bank, unless one of those imports brl.blitz perhaps. There's not much I can do at the moment anyway, because I'm waiting for the TV developers to fix a bug which causes just about everything to crash. So not only can't I recompile the mod ( because then I'll be compiling against the broken version ) but also I can't even run a TV3D program at the moment.

They promised a fix shortly after Xmas, so fingers crossed I'll be able to sort that bit out soon.

No clue about the other stuff though, sorry.