Diamonds BETA testing

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Diamonds BETA testing

ninjarat(Posted 2006) [#1]
I figured it would be good to start up a topic that is ONLY for BETA testing. The other one got over on to the topic of compiling for other platforms and stuff here's the REAL DEAL.

SCREENSHOT:
DOWNLOADS: http://www.rattuscanisdev.g0dsoft.com/index.html

Here's what you do to get on the list. Simply download, play, and comment. But make sure to try all aspects of the game and to play for awhile. And I would also like bug reports. Thanks!

degac(Posted 2006) [#2]
Well it works (23 FPS)
maybe the graphics is too much 'static'. It could be better if diamonds could turn/move/rotate/shine or whatever.
And I will add some 'explosion' effects when you make a row
Oh...you source-code file is broken.

Questions:
1. which Bmax version? 1.22 or 1.24?
2. tilde key don't make nothing (debug mode)

PS: I'm working on a similar game - so every opinion/suggestion is welcome for me too!!!!

ninjarat(Posted 2006) [#3]
Which version did you download, Win32 or MacOS?

degac(Posted 2006) [#4]
Win32, but I have a iBook for testing if you want

ninjarat(Posted 2006) [#5]
If you found broken files, they're all fixed now. You might have downloaded while I was still uploading. For the first couple of days my site was not fully functional. It should be fine now. Only really compatible with Firefox and Konqueror. It will WORK in IE but the font colors will be messed up so it's hard (sometimes impossible) to see.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#6]
Tried it out for a short while, didn't crash. Seems OK - rather "old school" demo-like. 7 gem colours makes it hard to make matches, 5 would be easier...

ninjarat(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks, and I'm glad it didn't crash. I'll put you down as a tester.

It IS harder this way, but 5 was actually the origonal setup. And beleive me, it would just keep stringing them combos for REDICULOUS amounts of time and points. Download the source code and do that tweak. See for yourself.

Also, the next upload (in a couple of days) will fix a small hiscores sorting bug, (already finished,) nicer looking effects, and hopefully the I'll get the site to work with IE.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#8]
Download the source code and do that tweak. See for yourself.
It's OK, my source originally had 7 shapes so I know. For easy playability (And combos etc) most mainstream match-3s have 5 shapes.

ninjarat(Posted 2006) [#9]
Ok, the new version is out; v0.5.2. It's Win32 only, because I'm not going to port it until v1.0.0 is out. I made a setup for this one.