Irrlicht v1.2 Update

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Irrlicht v1.2 Update

gman(Posted 2006) [#1]
just a heads up. the Irrlicht mod has been updated for Irrlicht v1.2 compatibility. probably the single coolest thing about this release is support for Mac (another big thx to JonasL for the .a file). release as always is available on my forums.

rock on.

North(Posted 2006) [#2]
woo gman you're a saint :)

deps(Posted 2006) [#3]
Is the mac version for 10.4 and up? Or can we poor 10.3.9 users use it as well? :)

H&K(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thank you Gman, as always.
As an aside do you have any plans for ib3d?

gman(Posted 2006) [#5]
greetings :)

@deps - im not sure. JonasL compiled it for me and im pretty sure its a universal binary. not sure what OS support he compiled in though. as a note, BMAX is no longer supporting that OS i think? just a heads up before updating to v1.24.

@H&K - why yes i do :) now that we can docmod included files im planning on rewriting and documenting it. i also have insight into some of the functions i dont have anything for yet so hopefully i can get some more functionality in there.

i also had a thought on an optimization for how im creating types in the base mod. the first thing i do will probably be along those lines.

popcade(Posted 2006) [#6]
This is great, don't know what to say but really thanks.

Downloaded and learning, very useful.

North(Posted 2006) [#7]
I just installed BMax 1.24 and the irr1.2 mod and besides the first HelloWorld example which works all other examples close down with an unhandled memory execption error.

I don't know if this is due to the BMax update or if there are errors in the irrlicht distribution.

Two other things i have noticed:

1. The inputstr function does not work in the examples so setting the driver this way won't work.
2. Debugstop() doesn't work anymore.

I guess my installation is just borked but since i'm at work now and can't do more testing I figured maybe someone experienced similar things and knows where they stem from?

gman(Posted 2006) [#8]
greetings North :) was it working before you installed the update to v1.24? approximately when did you download the distro? my first release was in v1.22, then v1.24 was released and i had an incompatiblity. there are currently downloads for v1.22 and v1.24. i would recommend downloading the distro again for your version and try it. mismatching the mod 1.22 build and 1.24 is probably not a good thing and may explain things like the inputstr and debugstop not working.

mongia2(Posted 2006) [#9]
i installed a 1.24 and mod 1.2 irrichmod and it work!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#10]
Really great work :-) I just started testing your iB3D alpha shortly ago and now this one :)