adapt Physical to BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/adapt Physical to BlitzMax

Armitage 1982(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

I absolutely want to play with Physical (http://physical.alecrivers.com/index.htm) an atom physical simulation framework but i rather prefer to stick with Bmax.

So as the "source code is given" maybe it's possible to adapt the physical part to Bmax.
I've been pretty busy these day and my last game experiment were with Goblin2D and Torque Game builder.

As i'm not expert with Bmax may i ask to someone skilled to have a look to the source of Physical and tell me if it's possible at this time ?

I don't ask for someone to do it, just involved is good knowledge of Bmax and give me is opinion about it so i can throw myself (or not) into this for the next few month.

For example :
Physical can use textured mesh deformation.
Physical seem's to handle a very large amount of atom and link without slow down.
Maybe there is dynamic binding to C++ libraries.

Is this a possible with Bmax ?

I know it could sound's lazy but maybe someone already do these "analyses" of physical and could help the community on this.

Thanks !

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hello. I have taken a look at `Physical` and found it quite interesting. I do concur with the idea that if you deal with things are a small `atom` kind of level then you don't even need to be concerned with higher level physics stuff because all those behaviors occur as a natural side effect. You don't even have to rotate the atoms to get objects to rotate. The code probably isn't too complicated to adapt to BlitzMax, if I remember it usesd `types` and is pretty simple to follow. I don't plan to `port` it myself, but I have designed a similar system based on triangles and a large list of their relationships. Haven't implemented it yet.